Crunchy Asian Vegetable Salad is a flavourful salad with honey ginger dressing. This colorful Asian Slaw or Asian salad is sweet, spicy, tangy in taste. And yes!! Crunchy also.
This colorful vegetable salad has plentiful of colorful, crunchy, and nutritious veggies like green cabbage, red cabbage, carrots, red pepper, yellow pepper, tomatoes, red onions, cilantro. So moreover this is a power-packed mixed veggies salad with honey ginger dressing.
The dressing has the sweetness of honey and the heat of ginger juice and the tangy flavor of lemon juice. A perfect combination to make the salad delicious. So basically a mildly hot and sweet slaw recipe.
Serve this salad as sides or eat as a whole meal if you are on diet. All veggies are low carb and good for digestion. This veggies slaw is helpful for weight loss as well.
Honey Ginger Dressing
This is a sweet and mildly spicy salad dressing. This salad dressing is very commonly used in Asian salads. Also read my peanut butter quinoa salad recipe.
Simply this honey ginger dressing is a mixture of the following ingredients:
Honey / Maple Syrup + Ginger + Garlic + Rice Vinegar + Oil + Soy Sauce + Water
In this recipe of honey ginger dressing, rice vinegar plays an important role. Rice vinegar is different from regular vinegar as it’s sweeter as compared to the later. However, if you don’t have rice vinegar, you may replace it with apple cider with an additional spoon of honey to balance the sweetness. If you want little spicier, add pepper (black or red).
Just mix all ingredients in a jar and give it a nice stir. Refrigerate this salad dressing for a week or more. You can use this honey-ginger sauce in your veggies stir fry as well.
Recipe Card for Asian Vegetable Salad
Crunchy Asian Vegetable Salad with Honey Ginger Dressing
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper julienned
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper julienned
- 1/4 cup cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup carrot julliens
- cilantro leaves (fistful)
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
Honey Ginger Sauce
- 2 tbsp cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp sesame leaves (white)
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts (optional)
- Chop all vegetables and mix in a mixing bowl.
- Keep in refrigerator to chill.
- In a small jar, add ingredients mentioned in ingredients list under honey ginger sauce.
- Add the dressing to vegetable bowl and toss well.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and peanuts.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen. Follow me on Pinterest @mydaintykitchenbyipsa
PIN IT FOR LATER