Crispy Corn Pakoda Corn Fritters with step – by – step photos.
I have made this for the first time in fact. I loved this idea of corn pakoda or fritters made with only corn.
This time it was even better when I had soft bites of sweet corns.
I have taken a mixture of gram flour and rice flour as rice flour makes it little more crispy. Then I have added this to boiled sweet corn and deep fried. This is super easy and quick snack recipe.
You can use fresh corn or frozen corn. I have used frozen corn to make these fritters. In both cases you need to boil them to get soft kernels. But frozen ones are softer than fresh corns and hence takes less time. You can blanch it for 3 minutes or like that and cool before adding to mixture.
This is perfect tea time snack or even a quick party appetizer if you are planning any get together at home. You may consider making another party appetizer made from corn, i.e. BBQ Nation Style Crispy Corn Chaat.
But be careful while making corns it might splutter spilling over oil on you.
Recipe Card For Crispy Corn Pakoda
Crispy Corn Pakoda/ Corn Fritters
- Blanch corn for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Then remove from water and wash with cold water.
- Now add all ingredients mentioned above and mix well.
- Add little water making little tight batter.
- Whisk with a spoon to aerate the batter.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take haf tea spoon batter and drop in hot oil.
- Turn them once to twice to make sure it's fried equally from all sides.
- Remove from oil once golden and crisp.
- Place on a clean paper napkin to absorb excess oil.
- SErve hot with any dip or sauce.
How to make corn pakoda?
Blanch corn kernels. I’m using frozen corns. So it takes lesser time than fresh corns. For fresh corns you need to boil for 5 – 7 minutes whereas frozen corns can be blanched for 3 minutes. Then wash it with cold water.
Now add all spices, flour, chopped onion, green chillies, ginger garlic paste. Make a thick batter adding little water at a time. Whisk it for a minute with a spoon.
Now heat oil in a frying pan. Then drop teaspoon batter into hot oil. Fry till it’s golden in color. Turn them once or twice making sure equally fried.
Then remove from oil and serve hot with ketchup or dip.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.