Palak Moong Dal Chilla | Lentil And Spinach Crepes with step-by-step photos
Moong Dal Chilla is a nutrition packed, vegan and gluten-free breakfast recipe. This is a delicious savory crepe made with yellow split moong dal or yellow husked lentils. I have added finely shredded spinach leaves which adds extra nutrition to the crepes.
Variation To Palak Moong Dal Chilla
In this recipe palak or spinach leaves are main ingredient along with lentils. However you can make it only with moong dal also. or add some other vegetables of your choice. e.g grated carrots, zucchini, blanched and grated broccoli and peas or even grated paneer or tofu too.
You may also stuff this with grated paneer or tofu or sauteed veggies to make it a complete food.
This is super easy to make. Only thing you need to do is you have to soak lentils for 6 – 8 hrs. After that half the task is done.
Just blend it to a smooth paste and add in all required ingredients. Then make crepes on greased pan or flat pan.
Serve these crepes with green chutney and tomato ketchup. I normally make them on weekend breakfast. But if you make the batter you can store in refrigerator for 3 – 4 days.
This is an excellent kids tiffin box recipe also that is full of protein, fibers and quick too. I don’t need anything more than that in busy morning hours.
I’m quite impressed with these super healthy protein packed lentil crepes that are not only easy to make, healthy but also with the look and texture also. It comes out so spongy and fluffy with little crisp.. Just mouthwatering.
Recipe Card For Palak Moong Dal Chilla
Palak Moong Dal Chilla/ Spinach & Lentils Crepes
- 1 cup moong dal
- 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- 1 small onions finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ginger garlic freshly crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 – 8 tbsp refined oil or butter
- Soak dal for 6 – 8 hrs.
- Drain out from water and blend it to smooth paste without adding water to it.
- Transfer the content to a mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the paste of lentils. Mix well.
- Add little water to make thick and smooth consistent batter.
- Now heat a flat bottom griddle on medium flame.
- Grease it with little oil.
- Put one ladleful of batter and spread it evenly making a circle.
- If you want to make larger circle, then pour some more batter to the pan. And spread.
- Cook it till the bottom is getting cooked and turns to light golden in color.
- Drizzle 1 tsp oil on top of crepe.
- Once base is done, flip it and cook other side.
- Remove once cooked equally on both ends.
- Serve hot with any ketchup or chutney and hot ginger tea.
How to make palak moong dal chilla?
Soak dal for 6 – 8 hrs. Drain out from water and blend it to smooth paste without adding water to it.
Transfer the content to a mixing bowl. Add all other ingredients to the paste of lentils. Mix well.
Add little water to make thick and smooth consistent batter.
Now heat a flat bottom griddle on medium flame. Grease it with little oil.
Put one ladleful of batter and spread it evenly making a circle. If you want to make larger circle, then pour some more batter to the pan. And spread.
Cook it till the bottom is getting cooked and turns to light golden in color. Drizzle 1 tsp oil on top of crepe.
Once base is done, flip it and cook other side. Remove once cooked equally on both ends.
Serve hot with any ketchup or chutney and hot ginger tea.
If you are looking for some healthy breakfast options, please read similar recipes like upma, vegetable upma, pinwheel samosa, aloo pyaz poha, aloo matar poha, gobi paratha, aloo paratha, aloo kachori, bread roll, spinach corn sandwich, cheesy potato sandwich, masala dosa sambar, sattu porridge , tomato omelette, whole wheat dosa, atte ka chila, etc on blog.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.