This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Air fryer frozen hash browns – Delicious snack and appetizer. Perfect to add to the breakfast menu. Make these crispy frozen hash browns in the air fryer for a quick breakfast or serve as sides.
In my earlier posts, I have shared how to make the hash browns from scratch in the air fryer. However, these frozen ones are such a quick fix for the lazy breakfast or even great as sides to your breakfast burgers or any other meals of the day.
When we have no time to do all preparation for making the hash browns from scratch, we can simply dump some hash browns on the air fryer and wait for few minutes to get this golden brown. I love this so much and my kid too. These are great food for kids too. Great finger food for kids.
Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
When buying frozen hash browns, there are two options you will get. One is as hash brown patties and the other one is shredded hash browns. I love the patties. However, you can make both with the same process in the air fryer.
Also, the frozen foods have already some oil in them. So you don’t have to add any extra oil to ait fry the hash brown patties. I feel these are so good if I compare them with the deep-fried ones. So you don’t have to fry them in tons of oil again and hence less fat and less calorie.
If you are a great fan of potatoes like me, you will love my tater tots also. One is homemade tater tots from scratch and the other one is frozen tater tots. Similarly, I make both homemade fries and frozen fries in my air fryer. If you will compare the homemade with frozen ones, the taste and texture may not be the same 100% but they have similarities and each one is delicious in its own way.
How to make the crispy hash brown patties in the air fryer?
Air fryer frozen hash browns are so easy to make in the air fryer. No need for any recipe indeed other than right temperature, time, and few tips.
Also, you don’t need to thaw them out. Once removed from the freezer, transfer straight to the air fryer. Otherwise, it may turn soggy and not crispy.
Preheat the air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes. Then just take out the patties from the freezer pack and place them in the air fryer basket. No need to grease the basket or spray oil at all. They will not stick at all. Place inside the air fryer and start the air fryer at 400F for 12 minutes. Flip it at around 6 minutes. If you feel you need more browning after 12 minutes, then increase timer for 4 – 5 minutes more. Keep checking in between and flip if required. Remove when you see it’s nice golden in color and looks crispy. Serve it immediately.
Expert Tips –
- No need to thaw it out at all.
- Don’t over-crowd the basket. Arrange the patties in a single layer for even cooking.
- No need to grease the basket or oil the patties as they already have oil in it.
- If cooking in batches, the 2nd batch onwards it will cook faster. So you have to reduce the time accordingly while making the 2nd batch of hash browns.
- Every air fryer cooks a little differently. So check your time accordingly. You can expect a gap of 2 – 4 minutes. It’s normal.
Recipe card for frozen hash browns in the air fryer
Air Fryer Frozen Hash Browns
- 6 Hash brown patties
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 F (200C) for 5 minutes.
- Now place the patties in the air fryer basket.
- Place the basket inside the air fryer and start at 400 F for 12 minutes.
- Flip the patties at around 6 minutes mark.
- If after 12 minutes you feel it needs to be more brown, set timer for another 4 – 5 minutes.
- Keep checking in between.
- And remove from heat once found perfectly done.