Make these quick air fryer frozen French fries oil free for your next upcoming parties. They taste like fried only. But still not a junk food with lots of oil.
If you are looking for some healthier snacks, you must try these super crispy air fryer French fries. You can eat this guilt-free these are not fried in tons of oil.
This is an easy and quick vegan appetizer you can serve in any of the parties you are hosting. These are kids-friendly too. I mean kids will love them. My kid is very fond of these fast foods. But since this is a better version than the deep-fried fries of Mc Donald’s, I don’t mind once or twice a month.
Here to make these frozen French fries in an air fryer, we are using oil in minimal amount i.e. just sprayed minimally. However you can skip that also. But the fries will be little chewy without oil. I have tried once and then I used my oil sprayer to make the fries little moist with oil.
Frozen French Fries in an Air Fryer
Air fryer basically works like a oven. The fan rotates the hot air in the basket, thus cooking the food just like oven. But since the air fryer is more of a compact version, it consumes lot less time than those of the oven ones.
So if a dish or recipe takes 40 minutes in the oven, it might take 15 – 20 minutes to make the same dish. So in the same time frame, you can make 2 batches in an air fryer.
I’m loving my air fryer more everyday. I love how quickly it cooks the vegetables and makes cookies, breads. You can make everything in the air fryer that you normally bake.
I love to make my fries from scratch. But at times when we feel lazy to do the preparation, the frozen fries are life-savers. Here I will share both the ways how to make French fries in air fryer (from scratch and frozen ones).
Instructions to make air fryer frozen French fries
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 F for 5 minutes.
- Grease the basket lightly and pour the French fries. But don’t over-stuff the basket. It will prevent even cooking of the fries. Make sure it’s below half mark of the basket.
- Spray little oil and sprinkle some salt. Give a gentle stir. Here you can also add other seasoning if you want any particular flavor.
- Now start the air fryer at 400 F (200C) for 20 minutes.
- Pause and shake after 10 minutes of cooking (halfway). Then check and shake again at 15 minutes.
- Remove the basket and check for the doneness. If it’s not reached the desired crispiness, then cook for another 3 – 5 minutes more checking at 2 minutes gap.
- When done perfectly, remove from the air fryer and sprinkle some fresh herbs. If you are not vegan sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top of them. Serve hot with ketchup or any dip of choice.
Expert Tips for Best Crispy French Fries
- No need to thaw it before air frying.
- Every air fryer cooks somewhat different. So keep an eye on the fries after it crossed 15 – 17 minutes timer.
- If it’s not ready or crispy after 20 minutes, set timer for 5 more minutes. But keep checking in between once or twice.
- You can add other spices to your seasoning like onion powder, garlic powder, cajun spices, or simply whatever flavor you like.
- Don’t add too much oil. It won’t turn very nice and crispy that way.
- If your air fryer is larger or cooking fries in smaller amount, then it may take lesser time and little temperature. There you may try at 360 F (180C) for 15 minutes, with a toss at 8 minutes, 10 minutes, and then decide how long it can take depending on the doneness.
- Also it depends the thickness of the fries. Thin ones will take lesser time than the thicker ones.
Recipe card for air fryer frozen French Fries
Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- Oil sprayer
- 1 lb/pound frozen French fries
- olive oil to spray
- salt to taste
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes.
- Spray little oil to the basket.
- Pour the frozen French fries to the basket.
- Spray oil again if required.
- Add little salt and mix them gently.
- Now start the air fryer at 400 F for 20 minutes.
- Pause and shake them in the half way at 10 minutes, and then at 5 minutes interval.
- Check the doneness of fries at 20 minutes.
- If it's not reached desired crispiness, extend time to another 5 minutes.
- Remove once done perfectly.
- Sprinkle some salt and herbs and serve hot with any dip.
PIN IT FOR LATER