This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Vegan zucchini banana bread is perfectly moist and soft bread bursting with flavors of cinnamon, and the sweetness of banana. Kids will love this bread too. Perfect to serve in breakfast or as snacks.
Zucchini banana bread is a great option for a lazy breakfast. Make and refrigerate for up to a week. Read my vegan chocolate banana bread.
Why you will love this vegan zucchini banana bread?
My kid is a fussy eater who won’t eat zucchini as a vegetable but he loved this bread so much. This is also a way we can induce good food into our kid’s diet. Apart from that, this zucchini banana bread is –
- easy to make
- kid’s friendly
Ingredients of vegan zucchini bread
This zucchini banana bread is an easy recipe with common pantry baking ingredients. You will need –
Flour – I have taken refined flour. For gluten-free zucchini bread, take gluten-free oat flour or other gf flour mix.
Baking powder, baking soda
Zucchini – 1 cup grated and not squeezed (1 large or 1 1/2 medium)
Banana – ripe bananas mashed (1 cup or 2 bananas)
Milk – plant-based milk (I have taken unsweetened almond milk)
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Oil – Any vegetable oil will do. To make this oil-free, substitute this with apple sauce.
2 flax egg – 2 tbsp flax meal + 4 tbsp water. Refrigerate for 15 minute to set.
Optional Add-ins – chocolate chips, nuts like cashews or walnuts or raisins.
Mash the bananas. Grate zucchini (with skin) using a box grater. In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, a pinch of salt passing through a sieve.
Now add mashed banana, grated zucchini, cinnamon powder, salt to the bowl. Then add oil, milk to the mixture and mix all nicely. Don’t overmix, a few lumps are okay. Add milk gradually in batches while making the batter.
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. Preheat the oven at 350 F or 180 C. Put in the loaf pan and cook for 50 minutes. Check the doneness by inserting a toothpick. And if it comes out clean then it’s done. Otherwise, bake for another 5 minutes or till it comes out clean.
How long I can store this Zucchini Banana bread?
This zucchini banana bread stays good for up to 4 – 5 days in an air-tight box at room temperature. You can also refrigerate and freeze it in a freezer-friendly box for 2 – 3 weeks also. Reheat in a microwave.
Can I make this bread gluten-free?
Yes absolutely. I make this with oat flour and buckwheat flour for a gluten-free version. I make this with coconut flour, buckwheat flour, water chestnut flour as well.
Recipe Card for Vegan Zucchini Bread
Vegan Zucchini Banana Bread
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 zucchini 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 medium banana extra ripe
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flax meal (+4 tbsp water)
- Preheat the oven at 350 F or 180 C.
- In a large mixing bowl add flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon powder, salt passing through a sieve.
- In a bowl mash ripe banana using a fork or potato masher.
- Grate zucchini using a box grater.
- Now add banana, zucchini, oil, milk in a separate bowl and mix.
- Add dry ingredients to it and stir to mix all ingredients.
- Don't over stir it. A little lumps is absolutely fine.
- Grease a cake tin or loaf pan.
- Pour in the mixture.
- Add the top add-in if you want to but optional.
- Pat it lightly once.
- Now place the loaf pan inside the oven.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes do toothpick test to check the doneness of the bread.
- If the toothpick comes out clean, the loaf is cooked.
- Otherwise cook for another 5 minutes or till it's cooked well.