Sweet & Savory Raw Mango Juice or Aam Panna
Summer is a season of heat. Summer is a season of Mangoes. Market goes flooded with mangoes when spring and summer comes. Raw and ripe mangoes both dominate the fruit and vegetable market. With an abundance its cost also varies. Raw mangoes are generally used in preparation of sour sauces (chutney), pickles where as the ripe ones are used as fruits and juices and milkshakes and many more dishes can be made from ripe mangoes especially as dessert. Mango milkshake and pannacotta are famous dishes. It can be mixed with other fruits to make shakes or smoothies. In north India Aam Panna is very famous. This aam panna has all flavours of sweetness, sourness, tanginess, spicy from black peppers.
Mango is known as King of fruits. In India its our national fruit. Its been cultivated in India since time immemorial. India produces more than 100 varieties of mangoes.
Know Mango as a super-food
- Its a rich source of Vitamin A, C & D & Anti-oxidants.
- Lowers blood pressure
- Improves skin health
- Beneficial for eyesight (Vitamin A)
- Improves digestion
- Boosts Immune System (Vitamin C)
- Prevents heart disease (Vitamin B)
- Increases red blood cells (Copper)
One cup of ripe mango has following nutritional values:
- 105 calories
- 75 percent vitamin C
- 26 percent vitamin A
- 12 percent vitamin B
- 10 percent healthy fiber
- 9 percent copper
- 7 percent potassium
- 4 percent magnesium
Raw mangoes are generally used in preparing the sour chutney or pickles. When combined with magical spices mix and preserved in oil these raw mangoes became soft and flavourful. In India pickle has great importance in everyday meal as it completes the dish.
Lets make this easy raw mango juice.
Sweet & Savory Raw Mango Juice or Aam Panna for this summer
- 2 Raw Mangoes
- 2.5 glass Water
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds Dry roasted & powdered
- Pressure cook properly washed raw mangoes for 2 - 3 whistles. Wait till it cools and then remove the outer skin.
- Puree the pulp to smooth paste. Add chat masala, salt, black pepper.
- Sprinkle dry roasted cumin powder
- Add water to get required consistency or juicy consistency.
- Add ice cubes & serve chilled.
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)