Instant Rava Idli | Instant Semolina Idli | Kids Tiffin Box Recipe
Instant rava idli is an easy breakfast and kids tiffin box recipe. This doesn’t require any preparation and takes less than 30 minutes to prepare this.
Also if required you can add lots of veggies to this. Here I have added only tampering of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves, ginger and chilies to this.
Add grated carrots, bean and, peas to make this a wholesome healthy breakfast recipe for kids. This is even one of the best finger food for toddlers when they are learning self-feeding.
It’s an easy recipe that has only two primary ingredients. Of course you need to add salt and another tampering as per your taste but still, that is optional.
The only thing required is you need to soak this for some time like 10 to 15 minutes so that semolina will soak up and absorb moisture. This will make idlis soft and fluffy. Also, you can add a little bit of soda or fruit salt (eno) to make the idli softer and fluffier.
if you are looking for some more kids tiffin box recipes and healthy breakfast recipes, then please read these recipe collection posts,
How to make rava idli?
In a mixing bowl add semolina or rava and curd. Add salt to taste. Add water gradually making a batter of thick consistency.
Then Add tampering of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chopped ginger, chillies, and onion into the bowl. Mix well and whisk the batter for one minute or two.
Cover with a lid and keep it aside for 10 – 15 minutes. If you are running out of time in the morning, you can make the batter and store in refrigerator overnight. And in the morning just take out batter and place it on idli molds and steam for 10 – 15 minutes.
Recipe Card for Rava Idli
Instant Rava Idli | Instant Semolina Idli
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a small tadka pan.
- once oil is hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Then add chopped ginger, green chillies and onions for a minute.
- Turn off heat and keep it aside.
Prepare batter and idli
- Take a mixing bowl and add rava and curd into it.
- Now add salt and water.
- Add water gradually making a thick batter.
- Keep it aside for some time (10 – 15 minutes).
- Now add the prepared tempering and whisk it nicely for a minute.
- Then add soda or eno powder just before putting in molds.
- Grease molds with oil and place a tbsp batter on the molds.
- Now place the mold or idli stand into a steamer.
- Steam it for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and remove the idli stand.
- Let it cool for some time and remove the idli with help of a spoon.
- Serve idlis with chutney and sambar.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER