Curd Rice Recipe
Curd rice is one of the staple food in southern India. This is tangy rice flavoured with sourness of curd and simple spices. This is an easy recipe and does not take more than 5 minutes to prepare. This is light & very cooling for digestive system. this is effective and soothing for stomach upset.
- Rice – 1/2 cup washed and soaked in water for 20 mins.
- Curd – 1 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Cumin Seeds/ Jeera – ½ tsp
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Curry Leaves - 6-8
- Milk - 3 - 4 tbsp optional
- Water – As required
- Refined Oil – 2 tsp
- Ginger - 1/2 tsp finely chopped
- Green Chilli - 2 cut into slits
- Put a vessel on medium heat. Add one teaspoon of oil. Put all whole spices. Add 5 cups of water and put on low flame. Add salt as per taste. Once water starts boiling add soaked rice to it.
- Simmer in low flame for 10 – 12 mins till rice is cooked completely. The rice grains should be cooked till tender and lightly mashy. Drain the water and keep the rice aside to cool.
- Add curd to the rice and mix well. Add milk and mix well (optional).
- Take a pan add ghee or oil. Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds. Let them crackle completely. Add ginger, green chillies, curry leaves. Stir for few seconds.
- Add tampering to the rice and mix them together with a spoon or spatula.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves and gently mix with cooked rice.
- Serve hot with dal fry or any curry of your choice or pickle and papad.