Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower are the perfect side dish that takes less than 15 minutes to make.
Flavored with garlic, these broccoli and cauliflower bites are perfectly crispy on the edges and still tender and juicy inside.
Garlic adds a nice flavor to the florets of cauliflower and broccoli but also the technique of air frying does amazing work. An air fryer cooks vegetables so well that they turn a little crispy and brown on the exterior while still juicy and tender within.
I make air fryer cauliflower, buffalo cauliflower, buffalo broccoli, and air fryer broccoli. And this combination of broccoli and cauliflower is just amazing to try in the air fryer.
This makes a great side dish or a guilt-free snack for a healthy diet. No mess, no fancy ingredients, just delicious and flavorful vegetables. If you love vegetable medley check out this air fryer roasted vegetables recipe and collection of 25+ Air fryer vegetable recipes.
Air Fryer Broccoli and Cauliflower
You will love to make broccoli and cauliflower in the air fryer for many reasons, here are a few highlights.
- Delicious and flavorful
- Takes less than 15 minutes
- Great side dish
- A healthy way of cooking
- Low-calorie and low-fat food
- Made with less oil
- Can customize to no-oil
- Low-carb, Keto-friendly
Ditch the oven in hot summers and make your broccoli and cauliflower (or any vegetables you love) in the air fryer and enjoy a quick yummy treat. It roasts both fresh and frozen cauliflower and broccoli to perfection and just the way everyone will love it.
Ingredients Required For The Recipe -
Cauliflower - Wash. clean, and cut into bite-size pieces.
Broccoli - Large head of broccoli. Wash and clean the broccoli into small bite-size pieces.
Garlic - Garlic powder/ granules/ or fresh minced garlic. Be generous in adding garlic since this adds a nice flavor to the veggies.
Salt & Pepper - As taste
Olive oil - This helps in adding crunch to the veggies. Also, it adds flavor to roasted broccoli and cauliflower.
Seasonings - Optional. It tastes great in simple salt and pepper too. Though you can add any flavors, or seasonings of your choice. A few of them are classic Italian seasonings, cajun spices, ranch seasoning, or simple oregano with salt and pepper.
How To Make Air Fryer Broccoli And Cauliflower?
Step 1 - Cut the florets of cauliflower and broccoli into bite-sized pieces. Chop off the stem and trim the stalks as desired.
Step 2 - Place in a large mixing bowl. Add seasonings along with olive oil. Rub to mix the seasonings with veggies.
Step 3 - Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 3 - 5 minutes.
Step 4 - Pour 2 - 3 tbsp into the base of the basket. This is optional though but it gives a steaming effect to the vegetables.
Step 5 - Place the seasoned broccoli and cauliflower in the basket.
Step 6 - Air fry at 390 F for 8 minutes. After 4 minutes remove the basket and shake the veggies once. Remove once done and serve hot.
Broccoli will be perfectly crispy in 8 minutes. If you want some extra crispy cauliflower, then remove the broccoli florets from the basket (using a tong) and air fry the cauliflower for additional 1 - 2 minutes. This is my way of roasting cauliflower some extra crispy while not burning the broccoli florets.
How To Serve?
You can serve roasted broccoli and cauliflower as a side dish or as an appetizer. This is also great to add as a salad.
These are a few ideas to serve them with. e.g.
These roasted broccoli and cauliflower are delicious by themselves. However, you can pair up it with your favorite dips. These are a few of the suggestions.
Air Fryer Broccoli And Cauliflower
- 1 oil spray optinal
- 1 medium cauliflower head cut them into bite sized pieces
- 1 medium broccoli head cut them into bite sized pieces
- 1 tsp minced garlic sub - ½ tsp garlic granulated or garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Wash and clean the cauliflower and broccoli.
- Wipe with a clean kitchen towel.
- Cut the cauliflower and broccoli florets into bite sized pieces.
- Place the vegetable pieces in a large mixing bowl.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil over them and toss to mix all.
- In the meanwhile, preheat the air fryer at 390 F for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the seasoned broccoli and cauliflower into the preheated air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer timer for 8 minutes.
- Shake the veggies at 4 minutes mark.
- Remove once it's done to the desired doneness.
- You can also add 2 tbsp water to the base of the basket to give a steaming effect to the veggies.
- Broccoli will be done in 8 minutes. To make cauliflower crispier, remove the broccoli florets and roast cauliflower florets for 2 minutes additionally.
If you like the recipes and want to stay updated, subscribe via email. Also, I would request you to like and share my Facebook Page. Follow My Dainty Kitchen on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)