Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup is one of the best tomato soup recipes for this winters. Combined with sweet red peppers this soul-warming soup is real comfort food for me. This soup is vegan and gluten-free. Also, this is an easy and healthy soup recipe.
This Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup is rich and creamy in texture (without cream). I have made this tomato soup vegan, i.e. without dairy product and vegetarian. You can also add coconut cream to the soup. But I have kept it simple and no-cream light soup only.
This recipe is in fact partially inspired by Bloody Mary Soup Recipe from the Soups Cookbook by Carla Bardi. However, the bloody mary soup contains vodka and I have made this without alcohol (vodka).
Read my other delicious soup recipes on the blog:
Mix Veggies peppercorn Soup for Weightloss
How to make roasted red pepper and tomato soup?
Ingredients for the soup:
Red Bell Peppers & Tomatoes:- These 2 are the main ingredients as the name says clearly. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and red peppers have plenty of beta carotenes. both are full of nutritions and we must include such healthy vegetables in our diet. And this soup is one of the best ways to detox our body with essential nutrients.
Tomato Puree: - To give extra smoothness to the soup texture.
Fresh Herbs: - Here I have taken rosemary and thyme (fresh) as these are available with me. Basil leaves blends very well with tomato soup. You can try adding that also. I have added these herbs while roasting only so that all aroma and flavor gets absorbed by vegetables. Onion & Garlic adds a strong balancing flavor to the soup. So add garlic generously while roasting.
Sauces and Seasoning:- A hot sauce like peri-peri sauce or tobasco will be good. Also, add vegan Worcestershire sauce to the soup. You can skip this but add little brown sugar or stevia (keto) as per taste.
Step 1 - Roast Vegetables:
Pre-heat oven at 200 degrees C. Cut peppers, tomatoes in halves and de-seed them. Place them on a baking tray along with halved onions, rosemary and thyme sprigs. Also, place the garlic pods covered with an aluminum foil on the tray. Season everything with salt and pepper and drizzle some olive oil on top of everything. Roast for good 30 - 35 minutes.
Step 2 - Blend to Puree:
After 30 minutes, remove the baking tray from the oven and peel off the skins of pepper and tomatoes. Remove skin if it's is charred. Otherwise, we will strain it anyway. So skip the step if the skin is intact and not charred. You can also roast the peppers in open flame on the stovetop to get it charred little.
Now add in everything to a high-speed blender. Blend everything to a smooth puree.
Step 3 - Final Simmer and Seasoning:
Now heat olive oil in a saucepan. Pour in the blended puree through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard the skins and seeds that left in sieve. Stir in tomato puree, some hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the soup.
Season with salt and pepper. Add 3/4 - 1 cup vegetable stock and simmer for 6 - 8 minutes.
Ladle into soup cups/ bowls. Drizzle with some extra olive oil on top and garnish with celery leaves and extra black pepper. Serve this with bread or as a stand-alone comforting dinner this winters. Just perfect. Adjust seasoning as per your taste.
Recipe Card for Roasted Red Bell Pepper and Tomato Soup
Roasted Red Pepper Tomato Soup
- 1/2 kg ripe tomatoes halved, deseeded
- 2 red peppers halved, deseeded
- 2 onion halved
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 6 garlic cloves
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp peri-peri hot sauce or tobasco
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce (vegan)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- celery leaves to garnish
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder to garnish
- 2 tsp olive oil to garnish
- Pre-heat oven at 200 degree C.
- Cut peppers and tomatoes in halves and de-seed them.
- Place them on a baking tray along with rosemary and thyme sprigs.
- Also, place the garlic pods covered with an aluminium foil on the tray.
- Season everything with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top of everything.
- Roast for good 30 minutes.
- After that remove from oven and peel off the skins.
- Now add in everything to a high-speed blender.
- Blend everything to a smooth puree.
- Now heat olive oil in a saucepan.
- Pour in the blended puree through a fine-mesh sieve. Discard the skins and seeds that left in sieve.
- Stir in tomato puree, some hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce to the soup.
- Add vegetable stock and simmer for 6 - 8 minutes.
- Ladle into soup cups/ bowls.
- Drizzle with some extra olive oil on top and garnish with celery leaves and extra black pepper.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate link which means if you will buy a product through the link shared here, I will get some percentage of commission at no extra cost to you.)
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)