Low-Carb Cream of Mushroom Soup
Monsoon and hot soups!! what a divine combination. I must say this creamy and low carb mushroom soup is my all-time favourite now. I would love to make this luscious creamy mushroom soup very often.
This is one of the soul-warming soup recipes during fall or rainy days. This cream of mushroom soup is an easy and quick soup where you don't need any kind of preparation. This is an instant soup in fact.
This creamy low carb mushroom soup is perfect for any season in fact. Whether it's summer, monsoon or winter, who doesn't love a quick warm bowl of soup.
Rich with nutrition this mushroom soup is super easy to make and flavorful with its earthy look & taste. It has flavours of garlic and chilli for that spiciness, curd, pepper, natural mild sweetness from mushrooms and onion, everything well balanced made this a perfect recipe.
To make it a little creamy I have added 1/4 tsp whole wheat flour which is better than all-purpose flour. You can also add almond flour also to it. A pinch of flour and 2 tbsp of milk made it more creamy.
In this recipe, I have completely skipped milk cream to make this healthy and low fat and low carb. So here the flour and milk will give that creamy texture. This cream of mushroom soup is a no cheese no cream soup recipe.
I have replaced heavy cream with beaten curd. If you are vegan then use non-dairy milk and vegan curd for the recipe. If you are following Keto diet then add heavy cream and butter for this recipe.
How to make cream of mushrooms soup?
This soup is ready in 10 - 15 minutes maximum. It's that easy and quick recipe. At the same time, this is so so delicious that you can't avoid this warm or hot soup in winters.
This is a kind of comfort food for me. Quick, rich, creamy, low in carb, low fat, healthy, all + points served in 1 bowl. I don't need anything more from a bowl of soup.
I. Chop and saute mushrooms, onions, garlic.
II. Sprinkle flour and water/ milk to simmer.
II. Blend to a smooth puree. Add seasoning (salt & pepper).
Finally garnish & Serve a hot bowl of soup.
Let's make this super healthy creamy earthy mushroom soup.
Low Carb Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Wash and chop mushrooms, onion, and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add minced garlic and onions. You may add 1 green chilli to make it spicy.
- Once the onion is translucent add chopped mushrooms.
- Saute for 3 - 5 minutes till mushrooms look caramelized and turn a little brown.
- Remove a few pieces for garnishing.
- Now add 1 tsp flour on to the mushrooms and saute for a minute.
- Add milk or water here and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Now blend it to a smooth puree using a hand blender.
- Simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn off gas and serve hot with a swirl of beaten curd.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and few sauteed mushroom pieces.
- If you are using regular mixer grinder, then cool the mushroom mixture completely before blending else it will burst with hot air pressure.
- For spiciness you can use green chilli or black pepper or cayenne pepper.
- Add almond flour for healthier option.
- Add different varieties of mushrooms for your mushroom soup.
Read similar recipes:
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.