Oats Coriander Buttermilk – A healthy weight-loss drink
This oats and coriander buttermilk is one of my favorite drinks when I am on my weight loss plan. This is so filling and such a nutritious drink. Let’s talk about why this is considered as weight loss drink.
The main ingredient in this oats and coriander buttermilk is oats and coriander leaves which are clear from the title of the recipe.
Few similar weight loss drinks are:
Let’s see why these are the main ingredients that help in our weight loss of excess fat.
Ingredient 1 Oats: For weight loss
- It’s low in calories, low in fat and high in protein and fiber which are essential for healthy weight-loss.
- It helps in reducing fat absorption from other foods we eat.
- Oats are full of fibers. Fibers help in proper digestion and help in the movement of food in the digestive tract. Hence decreases bloating and constipation.
- Oats are whole grains. So while digesting the whole-grain body will use more energy to digest them in comparison to the refined products. So excess fat will be used in the form of energy.
Try these oats. However, you must try these multigrain oats for your weight loss plan.
Also, read my oatmeal diet plan to lose 5 kg.
Read other oats recipes here
Friends I’m going to start my next series of weight loss diet plans.
Keep following my blog to get benefits from my journey and whatever I had adopted to lose 28 kg. Subscribe to my blog and stay updated.
Ingredient 2 Coriander leaves: For weight loss
- Raw coriander leaves reduce sugar level in the body
- It purifies the blood and helps in proper digestion.
- It cleans gut and cleanses and detoxifies the whole digestive system
- Reduces absorption of fat and speeds up weight loss
Ingredient 3 Ginger: For weight loss
- Ginger boosts metabolism and hence helps in fast weight reduction. If you will take 2 tsp of ginger juice alone in morning it will reduce a lot of fat.
Ingredient 4 Himalayan Pink Salt
Himalayan pink salt is a healthier option to regular sea salt. It contains 84 minerals and traces. It has sodium along with other minerals. It’s truly a hand-mined and better option than regular table salt.
Table salt is heavily processed and thus has no other mineral than sodium and some added iodine to it. This results in bloating and heavy water absorption by the body. This, in turn, results in weight gain because of water weight.
On the other hand, Himalayan Salt is hand-mined and has all 84 minerals with it. Low sodium content helps in reducing bloating and doesn’t absorb excess water in our body.
Hence no additional weight gain because of water weight. The minerals present in this salt helps in maintaining the pH balance of the body. So it fosters immunity and helps in proper digestion. It flushes out all toxins from our body.
Ingredient 5 Curd: For weight loss
Curd can help in weight-loss. Yes, you heard it right. Though it’s a dairy product it’s believed to have weight loss properties. Let’s talk about the “how” part of this.
Curd is a rich source of calcium and protein. High protein content in your diet will help you with fast weight loss. It will also keep your bone strong and skin radiant.
There are numerous benefits of curd in fact. Curd contains natural probiotics that are helpful in keeping your gut healthy and helps digestion. The healthy bacteria present in this helps in healthy digestion and proper assimilation of nutrients from food.
Again the high protein helps in protecting the lean muscle while shedding those extra fats from the body.
Cool!! So if you are targeting to lose some extra kilos then include curd dishes (raita or buttermilk) to your daily diet.
So now let’s make this super healthy and at the same time super yummy Oats Coriander Buttermilk.
Recipe Card For Oats Coriander Buttermilk
Oats Coriander Buttermilk - A healthy weight-loss drink
- 1 fistful coriander leaves finely chopped
- 4 tbsp oats
- 1/2 inch ginger piece
- 1 green chillies
- 1 tsp flax seeds powder (Optional)
- 1 pinch Himalayan Pink Salt or as per taste
- Dry roast oats in a hot pan for 1 minutes. Then grind it to a smooth powder.
- Grind all above ingredients together till its smooth. (powdered oats + ginger + curd + green chilli + flax seeds). Don't add water at this stage.
- Add water to get required consistency.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.