This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Oats Idli Recipe For Weight Loss Diet | Instant Oats Idli
Instant oats idli is a healthy breakfast item. This high protein high fiber and low carb breakfast idli recipe are perfect for your weight-loss diet regime. Make this vegetable loaded healthy instant oats idli in 30 minutes.
This is also excellent finger food for toddlers and tiffin boxes for kids.
Oats are one of the superfoods that help in reducing belly fat and shed extra pounds of our body weight. These are incredibly nutritious. These are rich in antioxidants, protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients.
As this contains highly soluble fiber it improves digestion and bowel movement also. The high protein content keeps one full for longer and hence stop craving for food.
Read more health benefits of oats on the blog.
If you are on a weight loss diet, try my oatmeal diet plan to lose 5 – 7 kg in 10days time.
Try my other oats recipes for weight loss diet like oats coriander buttermilk, oats flaxseed porridge, oats upma here.
If you are looking for some great breakfast recipes read similar low carb high protein breakfast items here:
- Dalia Khichdi
- Wholewheat Banana Pancakes
- Sweet Sattu Banana Porridge
- Instant Ragi Idli
- Ragi Adai or Ragi Crepes
- Spinach Lentils Crepe
Read my collection of Popular Indian Breakfast recipes on my blog.
How to make Oats Idli (vegetable loaded)?
Here I have added lots of veggies to make it a healthier twist. This is a way we can add veggies to our kid’s diet also. However, this is not essential but vegetables are always the best in any diet.
So you can either add veggies directly to the idli batter or you may like to saute them with tempering of cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, etc.
I have added sauteed veggies here.
Step 1: Preparing Vegetable Sautee
Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, onion, ginger, green chilies, and saute for a minute. Then add finely chopped veggies and a little salt. You can also add a pinch of turmeric too. Saute veggies are soft and cooked al dente.
You can roast semolina or rava along with veggies. Add rava and saute for 2 minutes.
Once done, remove to a clean bowl and keep aside. We will add this to the idli batter mixture for steaming.
Step 2: Preparing batter
Take 1.5 cups of oats and 1/2 cup of semolina and 1/4 cup of curd.
Dry roast oat flakes for 2 – 3 minutes. Keep stirring else it will burn quickly. Then remove to another plate and cool completely.
Transfer to a blending jar and make a powder of these roasted flakes.
In a mixing bowl add powdered oats, semolina or rava, curd and add water gradually making a thick batter. Whisk it for 2 minutes.
Add sauteed veggies to the batter. Add some salt to taste.
Cover with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes check the consistency. Normally it gets thicker when semolina soaks moisture. So add little more water and make it to an idli batter consistency.
Whisk the batter well (in one direction) with a wired whisk.
In the end, add a tsp eno or baking soda and just mix it well with a spoon (don’t whisk).
Now grease the moulds and place 1 tbsp batter on moulds and steam on a idli maker or steamer or pressure cooker. If you are using pressure cooker then don’t forget to remove the whistle.
Steam for 12 – 15 minutes. Turn off heat but don’t open immediately. Remove the mould and let it cool for a minute or two. Then with help of a spoon scrape out the idlis.
Serve hot with sambar or chutneys.
Recipe Card For Oats Idli
Oats Idli For Weight Loss Diet (Veggies Loaded)
- Preparing Vegetable Sautee
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add ginger, green chilies, and onion.
- Saute for a minute.
- Then add veggies and saute on a medium flame for 3 – 5 minutes or till it's cooked al dente.
- Add rava or semolina and dry roast along with veggies. (you can roast it separately as well)
- Once done remove from pan and keep aside.
Preparing Batter For Idli
- In a skillet or griddle dry roast oats for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Keep stirring.
- Then remove from pan and allow it to cool completely.
- Next blend it to smooth powder once this is cold.
- In a mixing bowl add powdered oats, rava, veggies, and curd.
- Add sauteed vegetables and salt to taste.
- Then add water gradually making a batter of an idli batter consistency.
- Then keep it aside to rest for 15 minutes. Cover with a lid.
- After 15 minutes, check the consistency of the batter.
- If required add little more water and bring it to a consistency of idli batter.
- Whisk the batter for 2 minutes with a wired whisk.
- Now grease the idli molds.
- Place one tbsp batter on it and place the mould in steamer or idli maker.
- Steam for 12 – 15 minutes. Turn off heat but don't open
- Remove the mould and let it cool for a minute or two. Then with
help of a spoon scrape out the idlis.
- Serve with chutney or sambar
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER