This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Air fryer cauliflower tacos – A super easy and quick meal for lunch or dinner. These won’t take more than 20 minutes from start till assembling.
Cauliflower tacos are really easy vegan meals and originally belongs to Tex-Mex cuisine. These air fryer cauliflower tacos are my favorite ones. These are super easy and quick meals that are scrumptious. Plus this is vegan too. It takes no planning or extra effort to make these easy meals.
Why you will love these cauliflower tacos?
Cauliflower tacos are my favorite and these are so soulful vegan meals in fact. I make the cauliflower with a variety of seasonings. That gives variations and we don’t get bored too. If you are thinking about why I’m loving these cauliflower tacos so much, then these are few things that make this recipe so great for me and I’m sure you will love them too.
- vegan, plant-based
- quick under 20 minutes meals
- lazy vegan meal
- versatile to add variations
- no preparation required
- delicious and satisfying
Air fryer cauliflower Tacos – Variations
You can also check out my buffalo cauliflower tacos here. This is one of my variations to the cauliflower tacos. You can make them simple cauliflower tacos that are not breaded or some breaded cauliflower tacos dipped in your favorite sauces, like buffalo sauce, bang bang sauce, hot and sour cauliflower, and many more like this.
Another way to make varieties of roasted cauliflower is by seasoning it with a different mix of spices. These are basically no breaded cauliflower florets seasoned and roasted nicely in the air fryer.
Why air fry the cauliflower?
Well, an air fryer is damn quick. And if you are new to air frying you will gradually fall in love with the air fryer gradually. I have almost stopped using my oven since in my air fryer I can make the same at less time. Plus you don’t need to heat up the whole place to bake things. It’s quick, easy, and fuss-free.
How to prepare air fryer cauliflower tacos?
No breaded cauliflower (roasted cauliflower)-
For this, you just need to add seasoning to the florets along with olive oil. Mix them nicely so that each floret is coated with the spice mix nicely. Now add them to the preheated air fryer. Bake or air fry at 400 F for 8 – 10 minutes. Check in the halfway and toss once or twice. Remove when you feel cauliflower is cooked perfectly with a little charred at the crown. Keep an eye after 8 minutes mark and see when it’s done perfectly for you.
Breaded Cauliflower/ Buffalo Cauliflower
For breaded cauliflower, prepare a batter of the flour, salt, paprika. Sidewise in a plate, mix breadcrumbs with your favorite seasoning mix. Dip the floret into the batter and then remove from the batter and roll it on crumbs.
Place the coated florets in the air fryer basket and start the air fryer at 380 F for 10 minutes. Flip the florets gently using a tong in the halfway mark. Then remove and coat them with hot sauce/ buffalo sauce. Place them again into the air fryer basket. Cook for another 5 minutes at 400 F or 200 F. Check and toss gently at around 3-minute mark. Remove once done.
Assemble the Tortilla & Toppings
Now warm the tortilla and assemble the cauliflower on them along with some salsa/ pico de gallo, some other favorite toppings, chopped/ sliced onions, slaw, etc. Now drizzle your favorite dressing on top and enjoy the cauliflower tacos in just 20 minutes. Here I have taken yum yum sauce (vegan). You can use any of your favorite sauces/ crema for the cauliflower tacos.
Recipe Card for Air Fryer Cauliflower Tacos
Air Fryer Cauliflower Tacos
For Roasted Cauliflower
For breaded cauliflower/ buffalo cauliflower
- 12 – 15 buffalo cauliflower or roasted cauliflower
- 4 soft tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cabbage or lettuce
- 1 red onion sliced/ chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup mango diced
- 1/2 cup diced avocado 1/2 avocado
- 4 – 5 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
Air Fryer Roasted Cauliflower
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 F or 200 C for 4 minutes.
- Cut cauliflower florets into bite sized pieces.
- Rinse and clean the florets. Wipe with a kitchen napkin to remove water.
- In a small bowl add olive oil, salt and other spices/ seasonings.
- Mix them well.
- Now place the florets in a large mixing bowl and pour the oil and seasoning mix to the florets.
- Now stir well so that the spices are well coated with the florets.
- Now place them in the air fryer basket and bake at 400F for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower once it looks done and little charred.
- Keep aside for further use in the tacos.
Air fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
- In a mixing bowl, add flour with salt, paprika and mix well.
- Now dip the floret into the batter.
- Then take out the coated floret and roll it over seasoned bread crumbs till coated nicely.
- Cook for 10 minutes at 380 F or 190 C.
- After 10 minutes, remove the florets to a bowl and pour the buffalo sauce over them and mix gently.
- Again place them back into the air fryer and bake at 400 F for 4 – 5 minutes more.
- Buffalo cauliflower is ready. Remove from the basket.
Assemble the tacos
- In the meanwhile cauliflower is getting fried, prepare the toppings for it.
- Wash and clean the cabbage or lettuce and slice.
- Slice red onion thinly.
- Chop the mangoes into small pieces.
- Slice or chop the avocado if using.
- Prepare yum yum sauce by mixing the ingredients mentioned above.
- Now take tortillas.
- Heat the tortilla for 1 – 2 minutes on direct flame with help of a tong.
- Place them on a place.
- Now place the air fried cauliflower, salsa or pico de gallo, slaw, chopped mangoes/ avocado on each tortilla.
- Drizzle the prepared yum yum sauce on top of them.
- Cauliflower tacos are ready to serve.