Green peas & Black gram Lentils Soup/ Indian Dal Recipe
This green peas and black gram lentil soup is a great food for weight-loss as its low in calorie and high in protein and fibres. For variation in taste and flavor, I have added green peas to the lentils. Here I have used split & dehusked black gram lentils which are white in color when raw. This dal is rich in protein like other varieties. You can take any other dal like massor (split orange lentils), moong (split & dehusked yellow lentils) to make this dish.
This lentil soup or dal soup is very filling and will keep you full for longer. Thus it adds to weight-loss.
This lentils soup turned out to be so delicious that I can't stop myself from sharing this recipe in my blog. Hope you all will like the recipe. Try this healthy recipe and share your feedback here.
Lets make this recipe with basic ingredients. Green peas you can boil along with dal. However I have boiled them separately as I thought of this variation bit late.
Its prepared as regular curry so can be called as dal curry or give whatever name you want and add any other vegetable for nutrition and taste this is going to be delicious.
Low-carb Green Peas Black Gram Lentils Soup
- 3 tbsp Ghee or Refined Oil
- 1/2 cup Lentils
- 1/2 cup Green Peas (Boiled)
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tomato finely chopped
- 5 - 7 Garlic pods crushed
- 5 - 7 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Asafoetida/ Hing
- 3 Dried Red Chilli
- 2 Green Chilli finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Wash and soak the dal/ lentils for 30 minutes - 2 hrs for faster cooking. Pressure cook the dal for 5 - 6 whistles till dal is cooked well.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, hing. Wait till cumin seeds crackle. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, green chillies. Saute till they are translucent. Add curry leaves, red chillies.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes are soft and cooked properly. Add all spices mentioned above and mix well.
- If you are not added green peas to the pressure cooker while cooking dal then boil separately. Add them to kadai and saute for 2 - 3 minutes till all spices well incorporated.
- Add pressure cooked lentils. Mix well. Add 1 cup water if it looks very thick. Simmer for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add garam masala, lemon juice and stir well. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.