Low Carb Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Soup
This low-carb creamy spinach & mushroom soup is one of the best soups for winters. This is a super easy and keto-friendly soup that is delicious and also helps in losing extra fat.
Soups are the best comfort food during fall / cold weather. These are healthy, quick, and easy recipes. At the same time, it helps in building immunity to fight against the environment too.
Including hot soups and spices in our diet will help in building immunity and fight against the bacteria and viruses in our stomach. That's why while thinking about low-carb and healthy yet delicious soup recipes, this is one of the best soups I have ever made.
This is creamy yet low in carbs. Hence perfect for your keto diet as well. Spinach and mushrooms are low-carb vegetables and also best recommended for the keto diet. So this keto spinach mushroom soup is just enough for your hunger pangs or a complete dish for your dinner.
I'm a great fan of soups at any time. Soups are great lifesavers for lazy cooks 😉 like me. My Spinach and mushroom soup is a comfort food indeed that has the goodness of both spinach greens and mushrooms.
This is a quick recipe and took me 30 minutes or even less. Even if you are not on any diet, this soup is just awesome. However, if you are on a low carb diet, then just skip the cream and add a little beaten curd to the soup.
Spinach Mushroom Soup Ingredients
This is a very basic spinach soup with cream of mushrooms in it. No fancy ingredients are required in this soup. This soup is prepared with minimal basic ingredients.
Spinach leaves - Dark green spinach leaves are healthy vegetables that have numerous health benefits. This is a basic ingredient in this soup.
Mushrooms - I have taken white button mushrooms. You can add any of the mushrooms like wild mushrooms, or oyster mushrooms. This is also a basic ingredient like spinach leaves.
Onion & Garlic - This is to add flavor to the soup. You can also replace the fresh ones with onion flakes and garlic flakes for flavor.
Seasoning - No fancy seasoning. Only salt and pepper are used. If you want your soup to be spicy, add a pinch of cayenne pepper
Oil & Cream - These are the fat quotient of the soup. You can add butter to the soup in place of olive oil (Oil + Butter). Fresh cream will give you a smooth creamy texture in the soup.
Read similar recipes:
Keto Spinach Mushroom Soup
Low Carb Creamy Spinach Mushroom Soup
- 5 cups spinach greens Cleaned and chopped
- 1 cup diced mushroom Chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 8 - 10 Garlic pods or 1 tsp minced garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream + 2 tbsp for garnishing
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, and saute till it turns light brown
- Add chopped spinach, mushrooms to the pan.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and peppers.
- This will help in releasing water from veggies.
- Don't add any more water to it.
- Cover with a lid & saute for 3 - 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove a few pieces of mushrooms from this for garnishing purposes.
- Now add little water to the saucepan.
- With the help of a hand blender, blend it to a puree.
- Now add 1/4 cup of fresh cream to the saucepan.
- Give it a nice stir and simmer for 2 minutes more.
- Top it with sauteed mushrooms and a swirl of fresh cream on top.
- Our spinach mushroom soup is ready. Serve hot.
If you like the recipes and want to stay updated, subscribe via email. Also, I would request you to like and share my Facebook Page. Follow My Dainty Kitchen on Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)