This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Coconut Kabab | Coconut Fritter | Coconut Pancake
Coconut Fritter/ Coconut Kabab/ Coconut Pancakes you call it by any name, you are going to love this kind of savory appetizer.
I loved this with my Thai sweet & chili dip which were the ultimate combination for me. You can also try them with my versatile easy coriander/ cilantro dip or any kind of sauce or dip of your choice.
In cold freezy monsoon days, they are a treat for your taste buds. Normally when we think of making fritters we think of potatoes, onions and some other vegetables.
But this is a rare combination you may try as an appetizer. Or even you can use them in curry as koftas. I just loved them. There was a little crisp and soft at the same time.
So here the hero ingredient is coconut and I have taken mixing agent gram flour. This is a complete vegan and gluten free recipe. This is also a perfect tasty appetizer for those who are following the keto diet.
The only thing I struggled with is getting a good coconut scrapper. This is so much required because with the scrapper the coconut comes out smoothly and at the same time, they are juicy because of the way of extraction.
At the same time if you will grate the inner soft part with a grater the extracted thing will not be as soft as it should be. In that case, the fritters would be a bit tighter. To get softer pancakes you need the correct extraction method. I would suggest a good coconut scrapper for this dish.
Coconut Fritters/ Coconut Kababs/ Coconut Pancakes
- Take scraped coconut, gram flour, onion, minced garlic, and all spices in a bowl.
- Add little water at a time and make a thick dough like batter. whisk it for 2 - 3 minutes to incorporate air into this. This will make the pancakes little more soft.
- Heat oil in a pan. Make small balls and then flatten it slightly by pressing with spatula or spoon and give it a shape of patties.
- Flip and cook both sides till light brown in color. Cook on medium flame so that it will get cooked from center as well.
- Serve hot with any sauce of your choice.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER