This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Air Fryer Pizza is such a delightful treat. This is easy, quick, and makes a delicious pizza in less than 10 minutes. These are kid’s friendly. Let’s see how to make the air fryer pizza with a store-bought pizza crust or from scratch with your own homemade pizza dough.
This is an easy snack for kids in fact. When making the pizza in the basket-type air fryer, the size has to be smaller as per the size of the basket. But since this makes it quickly you can double the amount of pizza in the same time as one oven-baked pizza.
You can use a pre-made pizza base that is readily available in any grocery store. That saves a little time and waiting time for the fermentation of the dough. But I prefer homemade dough. The dough is vegan. So I have a choice to add cheese for my kid and vegan pizza for me.
You can easily bake the pizza in an air fryer as the air fryer works just like a convection oven. There is a high-speed fan and it keeps on rotating the hot air inside the air fryer. Thus cooks food quickly. Read my other air fryer recipes also.
How to make the air fryer pizza – 2 ways?
These are delicious-tasting quick pizza recipes. Here I’m sharing both the way you can make your air fryer pizza. If you are making from scratch with homemade pizza dough, you will need 1 hour to ferment the dough. If you are looking for a quick fix to eliminate this 1 hour waiting time, you can get the store-bought pizza crust.
Pizza with pre-made crust
The store-bought or premade crust is partially baked. It takes a little less time to get that crisp in the base as compared to fresh dough pizza.
Apply the pizza sauce or marinara sauce over the pizza. Add pizza cheese and the toppings on the pizza. In the meanwhile preheat the air fryer at 375 F (190 C). Now place the pizza in the basket. Bake for 6 minutes at the same temperature.
If you have an air fryer with a basket, place the crust and add toppings from the top. But if you have an oven-type air fryer, finish the toppings and then place the crust inside it and start the air fryer.
Homemade Pizza Crust
(Exact quantity is mentioned in the recipe card.)
Take yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Add warm water to activate the yeast. Let it rest for 10 – 15 minutes till there is a foamy layer on top. This shows yeast has been activated nicely. Now add flour and salt. Mix the flour and yeast water with a spatula till it is mixed. Then knead it gently for 3 – 4 minutes. Now grease the bowl with oil and also rub little oil on the dough.
Cover the dough with a damp cloth or cling wrap and let it rest for 1 hour in a warm place. You can also use the instant pot to ferment the dough.
Check after 1 hour if the dough is fermented. Dust the surface with flour. Take out the pizza dough and knead it for a minute or two. Then divide into equal 4 equal parts depending on the size of pizza you want to make.
Roll the crust with a rolling pin. Don’t keep the crust too thick as it will not make a crispier base in the said time. Poke the crust with a fork. Now grease the basket with oil and place the crust inside the basket. With help of a spoon apply the sauce on top. Add the toppings and cheese from the top.
Otherwise first add sauce, toppings, cheese and then place inside the air fryer for an oven-like air fryer. Start the air fryer at 375 F (190 F) for 7 minutes. Remove the pizza once done and cut them into slices and serve hot.
Note:- The base will not be very crisp this way since the cheese may burn with overheating. So we can’t increase the temperature or time to make the base crispier. So here is what I do.
If you need a crispier base, first bake the crust for 3 – 4 minutes at 400 F (200 C). Then flip the base. Now apply the sauce and add toppings, cheese on the other soft side of the crust. Then cook at 375 F (190C) for 5 – 6 minutes.
Since the heater coil is on top, the top side of the crust turns crispier when we cook only the crust first. And when you flip it becomes the base of the pizza. Then apply sauce and topping on the softer side which will get baked along with toppings.
I have tried making it directly with toppings many times, but I don’t like the soft base of the pizza. So I prefer cooking the dough first and then add toppings and then again bake. This way these are the best pizza ever I have tried (homemade).
Recipe card for Air Fryer Pizza
Air Fryer Pizza
- Measuring Spoons
For Pizza Dough
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2Tbsp water (as required to make dough)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or as per taste)
- 1/2 cup sliced peppers optional
- 4 buttom mushrooms sliced thin
- 1/2 diced onion pieces
- mozarella cheese as required
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
Make sauce for pizza
- In a small mixing bowl, add marinara sauce or tomato sauce and the spices mentioned above in ingredients list under sauce.
- Stir them to mix all ingredients nicely.
Homemade Pizza Dough
- Take yeast and sugar in a small bowl.
- Add warm water to activate the yeast.
- Let it rest for 10 – 15 minutes till there is a foamy layer on top.
- This shows yeast has been activated nicely.
- Now add flour and salt. Mix the flour and yeast water with a spatula till it is mixed.
- If required add a little water slowly gradually till it makes a perfect dough.
- Then knead it gently for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Now grease the bowl with oil and also rub little oil on the dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth or cling wrap and place in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Take out once the dough is doubled in size.
- Sprinkle flour on the surface and knead the dough for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Divide it into equal 4 pieces.
- Take 1 portion and cover the rest.
Making pizza crust
- Take one portion of the pizza dough and roll into a ball.
- With help of a rolling pin make circle of the desired size depending on circumference of the basket.
- Poke the bread with help of a fork or knife.
- Preheat the air fryer at 400 F (200 C)
- Place the rolled pizza crust in the basket and bake at 400 F for 4 minutes.
- Turn off the air fryer and flip the crust.
- The top crispy baked layer as now the base.
- Apply pizza sauce with help of a spoon.
- Add sauce generously.
- Then add extra toppings of choice and pizza cheese covering the top (except the extreme sides)
- Now place the basket with pizza inside the air fryer.
- Start the air fryer at 375 F (190C) for 5 – 6 minutes till the cheese melts and the crust looks little golden on edges.
- Remove from the air fryer.
- Slice with a pizza cutter or a sharp knife and serve.
Air fryer pizza with pre-made pizza crust
- Apply the pizza sauce or marinara sauce over the pizza.
- Add pizza cheese and the toppings on the pizza.
- In the meanwhile preheat the air fryer at 375 F (190 C).
- Now place the pizza in the basket.
- Bake for 6 minutes at the same temperature.
- Once done remove, cut into slices and serve.
- Make the crust thin for a crispy base and pizza.
- Bake the bread/ crust partially for 3 – 4 minutes before adding the toppings and cheese.
- Once it’s baked and the top layer is crispy, flip it and apply sauce on the softer part. So the base is crispy and the top layer will get cooked along with the toppings and cheese.
PIN IT FOR LATER