Mix Vegetable Fried Rice
This is an easy one pot dish. Mix vegetable fried rice is a great option if you have lots of leftover rice in refrigerator. This makes a quick recipe. Well it has nutrition of vegetables. You can actually add any vegetable or leafy vegetable to the dish. You can use freshly cooked rice also. If you are calorie conscious then take brown rice instead of white basmati. This is not cooked in pressure cooker or rice cooker. I am using left over rice for the dish. This is a time saver.
Even if you are planning what to keep for kid’s tiffin box, this would be great idea. And will be prepared in minutes. And to shorten the preparation time chop the veggies and keep in refrigerator box from night. In morning only prepare tampering and cook veggies and mix with spices and rice. Tiffin box is ready in 15 minutes. You can pressure cook them also but that will not give that crunch which you will get by frying in open pan.
I have taken green beans, green peas, carrots, potatoes, green onions. You may add few more veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, mushrooms, paneer or tofu to your rice. Simple yet tasty dish. I just loved it. You will love this too.
Lets make this quick fried rice.
Mix Vegetable Fried Rice
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup French Beans chopped
- 1 cup Carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 2 cups Potatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions
- 1 Onion chopped
- 6 Garlic pods minced
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder (Aamchur)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Uncooked rice or 2-3 cups cooked rice
- If you are making fresh rice then wash and cook the rice completely. Don't make it mushy. Cool the rice under tap water.
- Heat oil in a pan/ wok/ kadai. Add hing/ asafoetida. Add in cumin seeds and once they crackle add minced garlic. Saute till they leave their pungent smell.
- Add in onion, green chillies and saute till translucent.
- Add vegetables and half of the salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on low flame for 7 - 8 minutes till vegetables are just cooked completely but not over cooked (mushy).
- Add all spices and mix well. saute for 1 minute on high flame. Then add cooked/ leftover rice, rest salt and spice and mix thoroughly.
- Cook on high flame for some time stirring occasionally till the spices gets infused with rice. Add chopped coriander leaves. Turn off heat and serve hot.