Methi Dal Fry | Sauteed Fenugreek leaves & Yellow Mung Bean Lentils
I have made methi dal many times before. But this time I wanted to make it little different. This methi dal fry is not exactly the same dal and methi recipe. The dal has a crunchy bite in this dal fry.
Here I have cooked the dal till it's not mushy and are grainy but soft enough to bite. I loved this methi dal fry. Or rather I would call it as methi moong fry. This is not soupy like dal. It's in dry sauteed form.
I have used yellow mung dal which are skin less & dehusked green gram lentils. You can change the quantity proportion of dal and fenugreek leaves.
If you want to make it more green, then just add 2 tbsp of soaked dal to the leaves. This lentil is a boon and have healthy factor in all forms. Read more about health benefit of gram lentils here.
Check out the hit recipe of Green Gram Dal Diet Soup Recipe here. These are good for weight loss as well. Protein packed green lentils and the nutritious fenugreek greens is a heavenly combination for any meal. These are again one of the best food for diabetic patients.
Recipe Card For Methi Moong Dal Fry
Methi Dal Fry/ Sauteed Fenugreek leaves & Yellow Mung Bean Lentils
- Wash and soak the lentils for 1 hr.
- Clean the leaves and soak in water for 15 minutes till the dirts settles down at the bottom. Then remove from water and wash thoroughly. Chop them finely.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil or ghee in a pan. Add a pinch of asafoetida powder, crushed garlic and cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds crackle add onion and saute for a minute.
- Add soaked dal to the pan and saute. Then add all spices and mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and let it simmer for 10 minutes till dal is cooked and soft but not mushy.
- Add chopped fenugreek leaves and mix well.
- Cook till leaves are soft and cooked well.
- Keep it to thicker consistency. Turn off gas once you reach desired consistency.
- Serve with any chapati, roti (flatbreads).
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.