This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Low Carb Keto Stir-fried Ridged gourd
Ridge Gourd is known as Torai or turai belongs to the same gourd family as bottle gourd and bitter gourd. Its one of the healthy vegetable and perfect for them who following Keto diet. Gourd vegetables are low in carbohydrates, low in fat and perfect for the keto diet.
In the stirfrying little more oil gives that additional fat requirements for the Keto. Those who don’t want additional fat stick to less oil. I prefer using mustard oil rather than refined oil. Else use extra light olive oil.
Ridge gourd has 90% water content and hence good for summer season. It has numerous health benefits like other gourd family members.
This is a simple preparation with everyday aromatic spices. This belongs to North Indian food. Torai sabzi is a popular everyday food in North India. It takes hardly 10 minutes to make this curry. You can make this as a stir-fried dish or as a curry with little gravy.
Low Carb Keto Ridged Gourd Sautee
- Slice the Ridgegourd after peeling the skin.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, let it crackle. Add green chillies, crushed garlic, saute for a minute. Add sliced onions and saute.
- Once onion becomes translucent, add tomatoes and Ridgegourd. Add salt and mix well.
- Saute for 2 minutes on high flame with continuous stirring. Add all spices and mix well.
- Cover with a lid and Saute on medium to low flame till ridgegourd is cooked soft
- Add chopped coriander leaves and a pinch of garam masala.
- Sauteed ridgegourd is ready.
- If using mustard oil wait till oil is smokey hot and releases pungent smell.
- Turn off gas and wait for a minute to reduce the temperature of oil slightly else when you add cumin seeds they will turn brown.
Here I would request you to read other similar posts like mushroom matar masala, paneer tikka masala, gatte ki sabzi, palak paneer. Also read matar paneer curry, dum aloo, bagara baingan, lauki kofta curry, malai kofta curry, shaam savera curry.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.