Kurkuri Rava Bhindi/ Crispy Okra Fry
Kurkuri bhindi as the name gives complete picture of the recipe, we all can say this is crispy okra fry. Adding rava makes this more crispy.
To make crispy okra fry, you can also use a mixture of rice flour and gram flour along with spices. But with semolina getting fried this is even better and crispier.
This is an easy recipe which took me hardly 5 minutes of preparation and 15 minutes (or less) cooking time. I made this as side dish. You can make this with roti or flat breads. but I feel this is best as a side dish.
Recipe Card for Crispy Okra Fry
Kurkuri Bhindi/ Crispy Okra
- Wash, clean and dry bhindi or okra.
- Remove head and tail. Slit into 2 halves.
- In a mixing bowl take rava, all dry spices including salt, ginger garlic paste.
- Add okra halves and toss well so that everything will get coated well on bhindi.
- Let it rest for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Then heat oil in a pan. Place coated bhindi one by one. some rava will come out but don’t worry about it.
- With help of a tong flip sides and cook both sides covering with a lid.
- Cook til it looks crispy on both sides.
- Once done remove from oil and place on paper towel to get rid of excess oil.
Can I make crispy okra in microwave?
In fact if you are on low carb diet, this method is better. To make it in microwave, preheat oven on 180 degree for 10 minutes. Then line the baking tray with parchment papers and place all coated bhindi on it. Spray or brush it with little oil on top. Bake at 180 degree C for 18 – 20 minutes.
How to make crispy okra fry on stovetop?
Wash Clean okra well in advance. Air dry for sometime.
Remove head and tail of each okra.
Slit into two halves.
Add all spices, rava, salt, ginger garlic paste. Mix well with bhindi.
Let it rest for some time.
Then heat some oil in a pan. Place coated bhindi one by one and cover with a lid. Cook on low flame for 2 – 3 minutes.
Then carefully turn them to other side and cook till both sides are perfectly cooked and crispy.
Remove from oil once done and place on a paper napkin or tissue. Serve hot.
Read my other bhindi recipes here.
Here I would request you to read other similar posts like mushroom matar masala, paneer tikka masala, gatte ki sabzi, palak paneer. Also read matar paneer curry, dum aloo, bagara baingan, lauki kofta curry, malai kofta curry, shaam savera curry.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.