Strawberry limeade is a sweet summer or spring treat made with only 3 ingredients. This is one of the best summer drinks and helps in refreshing too.
I love strawberries. These are my favorites after mangoes. Fact we don't get our favorite fruits all the year since they are seasonal ones.
Strawberries are wildly available in winter and spring here. With summer heat we don't get too much of them. Whereas there are places where these fruits are available during summers especially between April to July is the peak season for the sweetest strawberries.
These are easily perishable and delicate fruits. I love these little red heart-shaped fruit so much. I often make the strawberry compote, jam, strawberry milk, this strawberry limeade on seasons. But more than that I love to eat them fresh.
If you are looking for some soothing summer drinks, you are in right place. Here is a list of 10+ summer drink recipes available on my blog right now. It includes some traditional summer drinks as well. Choose yours and cool yourself this summer.
Strawberry Limeade is a sweet and sour drink made with fresh strawberry puree and some fresh lime juice along with a sweetener like sweet sugar syrup. You can also make lemonade with fresh lemon juice. Either way, this is so delicious and soothing.
For freshness, herbs play important roll in summer drinks. Here I have taken mint leaves which are apparently best companion for almost all summer drinks. This is because they have some naturally cooling properties as well.
However, you can also add basil leaves. The freshness of the basil leaves can also do wonders in enhancing the flavor of the summer drinks, especially this strawberry limeade.
In summers I make my sugar syrup well in advance and refrigerate in an air-tight jar for 10 - 14 days (up to 2 weeks) if it lasts ;). Whenever required to make any cooling summer drinks, just add the syrup to fruit juice or puree and sparkling water or drinking soda or water depending on what drinks you are making.
Instructions to make strawberry limeade
Make sugar syrup
In a saucepan, add an equal amount of water and sugar. Bring them to a boil and simmer till all sugar melts. Stir once to make sure all sugar is dissolved. Turn off heat. Don't wait to make strings. Allow it to cool down to room temperature. Then transfer to a glass jar covered with a lid.
Making strawberry puree
Clean and dice the strawberries into quarters. Add half cup water and blend them to a puree in a blender. Now transfer the strawberry juice to a large pitcher. This will help to remove the chunky parts from the juice.
Making the limeade
Now to the pitcher of strawberry puree, add the lime juice, water, and sugar syrup. Give them a nice stir. Strawberry limeade is ready. Chill for an hour before serving.
Add mint leaves, ice cubes to the serving glass and pour in the chilled limeade over it.
Recipe Card for Strawberry Limeade
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb fresh strawberries
- 4 limes 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 - 5 cups water
- 10 - 12 mint leave or basil leaves
Make sugar Syrup
- In a sauce pan add equal quantity of water and sugar.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer till all sugar is dissolved.
- Stir occasionally to mix the sugar.
- No string syrup is required for sugar syrup.
- Once done, tyrn off heat and allow it to cool.
- Once cooled to room temperature, transfer to a glass jar with lid.
- Refrigerate for future use.
Make Strawberry Limeade
- Clean and wash the berries nicely removing the crown and leaves.
- Dice the strawberries into quarters.
- Transfer to a blending jar and blend to a puree.
- Now transfer the puree to a pitcher passing through a sieve.
- This will remove the chunky parts away.
- Now add water, lime juice and sugar syrup as per the required sweetness.
- On approximately, I add 2.5 - 3 tbsp of sugar syrup to 1 glass of drink.
- Now add mint leaves and ice cubes to the serving glass and pour the strawberry drink to it.
- Garnish with lime slices or strawberry slices and serve them chilled.
PIN IT FOR LATER