Aloo Parwal Stir Fry
Aloo parwal stir fry is one easy side dish. This is another quick stir fried vegetable. This recipe is a simple one and takes less than 15 minutes to cook.
Parwal or pointed gourd is abundantly available during summers. This is one of the nutritious vegetable. You can make only parwal fry or add in potatoes. Since potatoes are best paired up with any vegetables, it enhances the taste of the dish. And since kids have special love for potatoes, they will easily accept any such dish when combined with potatoes.
Read my similar recipe of Parwal Masala and Doi Potol.
While chopping parwal, I don't scrape out the outer skin of this vegetable. The layer is thin and edible. Also that makes the vegetable little crunchy outside. Still if you don't like the skin you can peel it off.
Aloo Parwal Stir Fry
- 5 Parwal Sliced
- 2 medium Potatoes peeled
- 1 Onion
- 3-4 Gralic Pods
- 2 Green Chilli cut into slits
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Hing or asafoetida
- 1 tbsp Coreander leaves fine chopped
- 1/2 tsp Aamchur
- 3 tbsp Refined oil/ Mustard oil
- Heat oil in a pan, Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add garlic, green chillies. Add sliced onions and saute for a minute.
- No need to brown onions. Add sliced parwal and saute on high flame for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add potato wedges. Season with salt. Give it a nice and gentle stir.
- Cover with lid and saute on medium to low flame for 5 minutes or till both cooked.
- Add all dry spices and saute for another 2 - 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Then turn off heat and add chopped cilantro leaves.
- Serve hot with roti or chapati or with dal rice.
Here I would request you to read other similar posts like mushroom matar masala, paneer tikka masala, gatte ki sabzi, palak paneer. Also read matar paneer curry, dum aloo, bagara baingan, lauki kofta curry, malai kofta curry, shaam savera curry.
Leave a Comment (And a 5 Star Rating)