This post contains amazon affiliate links.
Grated Bottle Gourd, commonly known as lauki bhujia is a famous and easily available dish in every kitchen in North India. This is another healthy, tasty yet easy-to-make dish.
Sauteed Bottle Gourd | Lauki Bhujia
Bottle Gourd recipes are perfect for weight-loss as its full of fibres and low in calorie and carbohydrate. Bottle gourd or lauki is a great food option for keto diet.
Read more about keto diet.
This superfood is full of nutritions. This is recommended for diabetic patients also. Bottle gourd helps in lactation. Hence its recommended for new moms. It helps in proper digestion as its full of fiber and 92% water content. In true sense this is a superfood.
How to prepare lauki bhujia?
It takes only 10 minutes to prepare this easy recipe. Let’s make this yummy lauki bhujia and share your feedback with us.
Grate lauki or bottle gourd. Then steam it or boil it for 3 – 5 minutes. After that strain out excess liquid by squeezing slightly.
Then saute onion, tomato, ginger, and garlic till it’s cooked and leaves oil on the sides. Then add coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, and turmeric powder.
At this stage mix boiled grated lauki and mix well. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
The whole process of cooking doesn’t take more than 15 minutes. It goes well with chapati or paratha. This can even be served as a side dish with dal rice.
Those who do not like also will fall for this lauki bhujia as it’s a perfect blend of all spices which neutralizes and enhances the taste of bottle gourd.
Let’s make this easy dish in just 15 minutes.
15 Minute Low-carb Sauteed Bottle Gourd/ Lauki Bhujia
- Peel the outer skin of Lauki and grate with help of grater.
- Take two glasses of water in one saucepan and add 1/2 tsp salt. Boil the grated bottle gourd in saucepan for 5 minutes till they are cooked.
- Strain out the water with help of a colander.
- Heat oil in a pan. add hing, cumin seeds. Let them crackle. Then add chopped garlic and ginger. saute for a minute. Add onion and saute till translucent. Then add chopped tomatoes.
- Cook till tomatoes are soft. Then add coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt to it. Mix and saute for a minute.
- Squeeze out boiled lauki to get rid of excess liquids. (before adding them to the pan)
- Add boiled lauki to it and mix well. Saute for 2 - 3 minutes more till all spices are incorporated into lauki.
- In the end add 1/4 tsp dry mango powder (aamchur) and mix well.
- Turn off the gas. Add garam masala. Lauki Bhujia is ready to serve.
- Serve hot with any kind of breads (roti/ paratha).
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.