Masala Pav (Mumbai Street Style)
Easy and quick snack made with pav or bread and other aromatic spices
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 8 pav (or 10 - 12 bread slice)
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes finely chopped or pureed
- 1 green chilli
- 3 - 4 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli paste or sauce
- 2 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 capsicum finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup water or as required
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
Cut pav into equal small pieces.
Heat ghee in a pan.
Add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 15 - 20 seconds.
Now add chopped onions and green chillies.
Saute till translucent.
Then add tomato (chopped or pureed).
Cook till tomatoes are cooked well and starts leaving oil.
Add chilli paste/ sauce, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, pav bhaji masala.
Add chopped capsicum and mix well.
Add little water and simmer for 2 minutes.
Keep the consistency little saucy.
Then add chopped pieces of pav or bread.
Give it a nice stir.
Add 1 tbsp lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves.
Turn off heat and serve hot.