Watermelon Mojito is one of the refreshing and cooling summer drink. I loved this drink. This is a must-try summer refresher everyone should try. To me it’s a life-saver in hot summers.
Summer season is the hottest season of all six. During summers, days become longer and nights become shorter. Weather is humid with alltime high temperature outside.
Summer season is not very loved period because of the heat and humid weather. Because of high external temperature, our body starts to dehydrate in summers.
To beat the heat of summers, we all need to cool our body. In this hot environment we need to hydrate by consuming as much liquid as possible.
So we need to rehydrate our body with lots of fluid and fruits intake.
Watermelon is so much linked with this season and widely available in market.
Watermelon is one of such fruit which contains more than 95% water in it. Also this is widely available during summer season. This is juicy and sweet. The fruit itself is one of the best summer treat.
Again when it’s combined with cooling mint and lemon, it makes awesome drink to refresh.
Though I don’t like much of mint, but mild taste of mint makes the drink more cooling.
This is super easy and you can make in 5 minutes. Just make all ingredients in a pitcher and mix well. There is lots of room to add variation to this.
To make such drinks quickly I make simple syrup well in advance and refrigerate for further use. This saves lot of time. When you feel need of making any juice or drinks, add to simple syrup.
Recipe Card for Watermelon Mojito
Watermelon Mojito (Non-Alcoholic)
- 1 medium watermelon cut into cubes
- 6 mint leaves
- 1/2 ltr sparkling water/ club soda
- 8 tbsp simple syrup
- 2 lemon
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
To make simple syrup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
Making Simple Syrup
- Boil sugar in equal amount water for 2 – 3 minutes till sugar gets dissolved completely.
- Refrigerate in any container for future use.
- Take watermelon cubes in a mixer jar and blend it to a smooth puree.
- Strain out pulp and seeds with help of a strainer. Extract juice in a bowl.
- In a pitcher crush mint leaves (5 – 7 times) with help of a muddler.
- Next add in watermelon juice and simple syrup. Squeeze out lemon juice and mix well.
- Now add club soda and ice cubes.
- Garnish with some more mint leaves.
- Serve chilled non alcoholic mojito immediately.