Easy Vermicelli Upma | Easy Vermicelli Pulao
Vermicelli upma is similar to suji semolina upma but with a variation. Here its been prepared by vermicelli and semolina. However you can make only vermicelli upma by skipping semolina from the dish. This is an easy to make recipe and hardly takes 15 – 20 minutes to prepare. One addition along with vegetables you can add boiled soya chunks in the dish. Cut the chunks into smaller pieces.
- Rava/ Semolina- 0.5 Cup
- Vermicelli- 1 Cup
- Refined Oil- 4-5 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds: ¼ tea spoon
- Ginger- ¼"finely chopped
- Onion- ½ finely chopped
- Tomato- ½ finely chopped
- Curry Leaves- 6-7
- Green Chilli- 1 -2
- Carrots -1 Peeled & diced
- Green Peas- ¼ Cup
- Potato- 1 peeled & diced
- Salt- ¼ tea spoon or as per taste
- Take 1/ cup of Rava and 1/2 cup semolina and dry roast in a pan. It won’t take more than 3-4 mins. Keep on low flame to avoid burning. After 3mins remove from heat and keep in dry plate.
- Similarly keep dry roasted vermicelli in separate bowl.
- Heat a pan in high flame. Put 5- 6 teaspoon refined oil.
- Once the oil is hot put mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- After that put curry leaf, ginger, green Chilli and onion into it. Don’t over heat else onions will get burnt.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Sauté for 1-2 mins.
- Add chopped vegetables into it. Sauté for 2 mins.
- Then add 1 ½ glass of water into kadai and get them to a boil. Add salt as required or as per taste. You can add a pinch of turmeric powder too if you want to give different color to it. However this is optional.
- Cover with lid. let the vegetables simmer and cook till they are done completely, add roasted semolina & vermicelli into kadai but make sure to stir the mixture constantly else it will make lumps inside and will not get cooked evenly.
- Let it boil for 3 – 4 mins more & get cooked properly. Now remove from heat at required consistency.
- In the end you can add few drops of lemon and few coriander leaves to add slight tangy taste in it.