Vegetable Seekh Kabab | Veg Seekh Kabab | How to Make Veg Seekh Kabab
Vegetable Seekh Kabab | veg seekh kabab | How to make veg seekh kabab step by step with photos
These delicious veg seekh kababs are made from a mixture of green vegetables. So this is one of the healthiest appetizers/ starters.
Vegetable seekh kababs are incredibly delicious and easy to make at home. These are healthier kid’s lunch box recipes as well.
The best part is you can do all preparation and make the mixture from the night and store them in the refrigerator. And fry in the morning. So this way you can save a lot of time.
Also, place them in bread slices and make a healthy and filling sandwich for your kid. These are also great finger food for toddlers.
It’s called seekh kabab because the kabab mixture is shaped around a skewer (seekh) and then grilled or shallow fried. Originally they used meat mixture to make seekh kabab. However in this recipe we are making this completely vegetarian & vegan. Many make vegetarian kabab from soya chunks as well. I have shared the recipe of Soya Chunk Kabab on blog.
How to Make Veg Seekh Kabab?
For this recipe take a variety of vegetables like carrots, green beans, green peas, lots of potatoes. You can add grated beetroots, spinach also to this recipe. This is an easy recipe and also healthy as it has the goodness of all vegetables.
In this kabab recipe, potatoes play an important role along with gram flour for binding purposes. I have pan-fried/ shallow fried them.
I have not used skewers but only shaped them to logs before frying. You can also give them the shape of patties and make burgers.
These are excellent food ideas for kids as they will just love this yummy preparation.
If you are looking for some easy and quick appetizers, tea time snacks, I have compiled here the best 31+ Quick Party Appetizers on my blog. And the best part is all of these snacks are kids friendly.
Let’s make this super delicious starter Vegetable Seekh Kabab.
Recipe Card For Vegetable Seekh Kabab
Vegetable Seekh Kabab
- 3 Potatoes Boiled & mashed
- 1 cup Cabbage Shredded
- 2 medium Carrots Grated
- 1/2 cup French Beans Finely Chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chillies Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves Finely Chopped
- 1 medium Onion Finely Chopped
- 3 tbsp Gram Flour
- 2 + 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Chat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Salt or as per taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Boil potatoes and cool it completely. Mash it completely.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Then add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onion, green chillies and saute till onion is translucent. add all vegetable. Stir well.
- Add salt & cook for 4 – 5 minutes on medium heat. Add all spices and mix well.
- Cook till veggies are tender and not mushy.
- Sprinkle gram flour on top of veggies. Stir well.
- Cook till gram flour is roasted evenly.
- Turn off heat and transfer them to a dry plate.
- Cool the mixture. Add mashed potatoes, chopped coriander leaves. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- The mixture should not be very soft and loose. If it’s loose then you can add breadcrumbs to make the mixture bit tighter.
- Greese your palms. take small portion of the mixture. If using skewer, then try to fix them around the skewer tightly pressing it. I have made plain logs/kabab (with out skewer)
- Apply 1 tbsp oil on rolling board or any plain surface. Roll the kabab skewer lightly with help of palms to give it a smooth surface.
- Shallow fry or pan fry the kababs till they change color and golden and crispy. Don’t over crowd the pan. make it in batches of 5 – 6 maximum.
- Remove from oil and place on kitchen napkin. Serve them hot with ketchup or coriander chutney
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.