Vegetable Seekh Kabab | veg seekh kabab | How to make veg seekh kabab step by step with photos
These delicious veg seekh kababs are made from mixture of green vegetables. So this is one of the healthiest appetizers/ starters.
Vegetable seekh kababs are incredibly delicious and easy to make at home. These are healthier kid’s lunch box recipes as well.
Best part is you can do all preparation and make the mixture from night and store them in refrigerator. And fry in morning. So this way you can save lot of time. Also place them in bread slices and make healthy and filling sandwich for your kids. These are also great finger foods for toddlers.
It’s called as seekh kabab because the kabab mixture is shaped around skewer (seekh) and then grilled or shallow fried. Originally they used meat mixture to make seekh kabab. However in this recipe we are making this completely vegetarian & vegan. Many make vegetarian kabab from soya chunks as well. I will share the recipe of Soya Chunk kabab soon.
How to make veg seekh kabab?
For this recipe take variety of vegetables like carrots, green beans, green peas, lots of potatoes. You can add grated beet roots, spinach also to this recipe. This is an easy recipe and also healthy as it has goodness of all vegetables.
In this kabab recipe, potatoes plays an important role along with gram flour for binding purpose. I have pan fried/ shallow fried them.
I have not used skewers but only shaped them to logs before frying. You can also give them shape of patties and make burgers.
These are excellent food idea for kids as they will just love this yummy preparation.
Let’s make these super delicious starter Vegetable Seekh Kabab.
Vegetable Seekh Kabab
- 3 Potatoes Boiled & mashed
- 1 cup Cabbage Shredded
- 2 medium Carrots Grated
- 1/2 cup French Beans Finely Chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chillies Finely Chopped
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves Finely Chopped
- 1 medium Onion Finely Chopped
- 3 tbsp Gram Flour
- 2 + 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/4 tsp Chat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Salt or as per taste
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Boil potatoes and cool it completely. Mash it completely.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Then add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add chopped onion, green chillies and saute till onion is translucent. add all vegetable. Stir well.
- Add salt & cook for 4 – 5 minutes on medium heat. Add all spices and mix well.
- Cook till veggies are tender and not mushy.
- Sprinkle gram flour on top of veggies. Stir well.
- Cook till gram flour is roasted evenly.
- Turn off heat and transfer them to a dry plate.
- Cool the mixture. Add mashed potatoes, chopped coriander leaves. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- The mixture should not be very soft and loose. If it’s loose then you can add breadcrumbs to make the mixture bit tighter.
- Greese your palms. take small portion of the mixture. If using skewer, then try to fix them around the skewer tightly pressing it. I have made plain logs/kabab (with out skewer)
- Apply 1 tbsp oil on rolling board or any plain surface. Roll the kabab skewer lightly with help of palms to give it a smooth surface.
- Shallow fry or pan fry the kababs till they change color and golden and crispy. Don’t over crowd the pan. make it in batches of 5 – 6 maximum.
- Remove from oil and place on kitchen napkin. Serve them hot with ketchup or coriander chutney
PIN IT FOR LATER