Vegetable Manchurian | Veg Manchurian Recipe
Veg Manchurian is a Chinese or better say Indo Chinese dish that is the best Indian street foods you will find at any place. These popular chinese foods are Veg Hakka Noodles, Veg Schezwan Noodles, Chilly Mushroom, Chilly Paneer, Veg Crispy, Chinese Bhel etc.
Kids normally love such food. We call them junk food but yes they love such recipes. So we can always make healthier version at home only. And since they love such foods, it’s better to make such homemade chinese food. Again since I have added more vegetables, and lesser flour this is 200% healthier than outside unhygienic food. I make such dishes for my kid who is a big time fan of chinese food. So am I. My baby is also likes veg lollipop. (I will share that recipe soon; keep visiting my blog). So monthly once or twice is not bad deal. Taste and health both are taken care of. Isn’t it?
How to make healthy vegetable manchurian?
In this veg manchurian you can add vegetables like cabbage, grated cauliflower, french beans, mushrooms, green onions, grated/ minced carrots, garlic, ginger, green chillies. These are basic vegetable I always take when it comes to any Indo Chinese dish. You can add mushroom as well.
This recipe is not very time consuming and takes little effort. While fine chopping can be a task. But you can take help of grater or food processor to fasten the process. This dish is prepared within 20 minutes (excluding preparation). This goes best with noodles or fried rice. However you may consider this as dry snacks or appetizer also (Manchurian Dry). That’s how this is a versatile dish in Indo chinese.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida – 1 Cup 200gms
- Corn starch – 3 Tbsp
- Capsicum – 1 cup Finely chopped & sliced (for gravy)
- Cabbage – ½ Cup shredded thin
- Carrots – ½ Cup grated (1/2 cup long shredded)
- Cauliflower – ½ Cup grated
- Beans – 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Mushrooms- 1/2 cup chopped/ sliced
- Onion – 1 sliced thin ½ finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Soya sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Green Chilli Sauce – 1 tbsp
- Tomato Sauce – 1tbsp
- Red chilli sauce – 1 tsp
- Ginger & Garlic – 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Green Chilli – 2 – 3 finely chopped
- Spring onions – ½ cup
- Refined Oil – as required for deep frying
- Water – As required
- In a mixing bowl add all purpose flour, crushed ginger, garlic, finely chopped onion, salt, soya sauce and all kinds of finely chopped vegetables and mushrooms. Mix them well and form a batter for making dumplings. Keep sliced vegetables to add in gravy.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep fry. Put ball shaped mixture into oil and fry till it turns golden brown. Remove from pan once done and place on tissue paper to drain out excess oil. After frying all dumplings, once again put the fried balls into hot oil for double frying. This makes the balls crispier.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Put 3-4 tsp oil. Add crushed or finely chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies and spring onions. Sauté for 1 min. Add thin sliced onions. Stir for 1 minute. Put all sliced vegetables. Stir fry for 2 minutes or vegetables are done and crispier.
- Add 1 tsp of soy sauce, chilli sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar and ¼ tsp black pepper powder to the frying pan and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Then add 1 cup water and let it simmer for some time.
- In a small bowl add 2 tbsp corn flour and ¼ cup water and slowly add this starch mixture to the boiling gravy. It will thicken the consistency of the gravy. You can adjust corn starch mixture as per the consistency you require.
- If you want dry manchurian then add only ¼ cup water and add the corn starch mixture to it. If you want with gravy add ¼ to ½ cup water and simmer for some time. Season with salt as per taste.
- Add the fried manchurian balls to the gravy. Let it boil for 5 minutes. Turn off the gas and remove from heat.
- Garnish with spring onions and vegetable manchurian is ready to be served.