This winter try this soul-warming vegan curried cauliflower soup. This is a delicious soup recipe that is flavored with spices. This is dairy-free and gluten-free.
This winter I’m addicted to soups. Every day I’m making different types of soups and surprisingly I’m falling in love with them now.
Soups are healthy food indeed and it helps to detox our body completely. These are one of a kind healthy food on earth and also easy to make. Honestly, no soup may take more than 30 minutes. I love the quicker ones the most.
Cauliflower is specifically a winter vegetable. But nowadays, this is available in all seasons. This is a low carb vegetable and perfect for any diet of weight loss also. This is a healthy versatile veggie with tons of nutrients in it. I will be sharing a post on nutrition and health benefits of cauliflower, cabbage, and broccoli.
Read some more soup recipes here:
- Low-carb Spinach Mushroom Soup
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Mix Veggie Peppercorn Soup
- Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Roasted Bell Pepper and Tomato Soup
Curried Cauliflower Soup (Vegan + Keto + Gluten-Free)
This vegan cauliflower soup is superbly delicious with curried flavor and at the same time, this is one of the healthiest food on this planet.
My curried cauliflower soup is vegan. I am using coconut cream here. If you don’t wish for dairy-free soup, then use regular heavy cream for this soup.
In case you don’t like to add any of the creams to the soup, the cauliflower itself will make a smooth texture.
This soup is completely keto-friendly. As cauliflower is one of the most advised vegetables in the keto diet and lots of creams add that fat macros also, this is a good option for the keto diet.
Another variation to this vegan curried cauliflower soup is you may add some cooked lentil to the soup (red lentils) to get some more thick and rich texture. Well, this idea is inspired by cauliflower lentil soup from Minimalist Baker.
To make it creamy and thick we will not be adding any flour to the soup, and this makes the soup gluten-free also. When it comes to spices, play around with ingredients and add your favorite combination of spices to the cauliflower soup.
How to Make Curried Creamy Cauliflower Soup?
1. Cauliflower Head – This is my hero ingredient. break it into small bite-sized florets for quick cooking. Check for any bugs and clean it thoroughly. Don’t through the stems as we will be adding the stems and stalks also.
2. Onion, Ginger & Garlic – These will add a strong flavor to the soup. You can replace it with onion flakes and garlic flakes or as in powder form of both. Also in place of chopped ginger and garlic, you may add ginger garlic paste.
3. Olive oil – For sauteing or roasting this is an important ingredient. You can use any other vegetable oil also. But I prefer olive oil as this is a healthier option we have.
4. Herbs – I am adding some fresh rosemary and some basil as I love these 2 herbs. Use fresh herbs or dried ones. However, you may add some different herbs of your choice like oregano, thyme, etc.
5. Spices and seasoning – Add paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. You may add allspice or curry powder also to give this more strong curry flavor.
Other variation of spices – To make it even more flavorful, take 1 tsp coriander powder + 1/2 tsp cumin powder + 1/2 tsp turmeric powder + 1 tsp paprika/ red chilli powder + 1 tsp curry powder. You can adjust the quantities as per the taste and quantity of vegetables.
Second, take red thai curry + cayenne pepper + lemon zest + red wine vinegar.
6. Vegetable stock/ broth – You can alternatively add regular water also but broth adds some more flavor to the dish.
Method of Preparation:
Step 1- Saute or Roast Cauliflower
In a pan, heat oil. Add roughly chopped onion, ginger, and garlic. Saute till it becomes translucent. Now add celery stalk and chopped cauliflower florets and stalks. Season with little spices (paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper). Saute for 5 – 7minutes till cauliflower turns little brown and perfectly fried.
Step 2- Add stock and cook
Once cauliflower is almost cooked up to 90%, preserve a few pieces for garnish. Then add in stock or water. Bring it to a boil and then simmer it for the next 4 – 5 minutes.
Step 3- Puree the cauliflower chunks
Now puree it using an immersion blender or in a mixing jar. Cool a little if you are using a mixer grinder.
Step 3- Simmer & Add cream
Transfer the pureed cauliflower to the soup pan through a fine-mesh sieve. This will make the texture smooth. Press the materials on the sieve to extract maximum out of it. Simmer for a minute. Then add some coconut cream to the dish. Stir it well. Adjust the seasoning if any.
Pour in the soup to soup bowls and garnish with some more fresh cream and sprinkle little cayenne pepper and parsley/ cilantro leaves. Our delectable piping hot vegan curried cauliflower soup is ready to serve.
Vegan Curried Cauliflower Soup
- 1 large cauliflower head chop into bite-sized pieces
- 1 stalk celery stalk chopped small pieces
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 onion
- 6 garlic pods
- 1 inch ginger or 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- some fresh herbs of choice rosemary & basil (optional)
- fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (any non-dairy Cream)
- Wash and clean the cauliflower head properly.
- Cut/ divide into florets.
- Now cut the stalks and don't throw them away.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion, ginger, garlic and saute for a minute or till translucent.
- Now add fresh herbs (optional) along with chopped florets and stalks.
- Give it a nice stir and cover with a lid.
- Saute on medium to low flame for 8 – 10 minutes.
- Add curry powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Mix well. and cook for a minute on high flame to get that charred flavor to veggies.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Remove a few pieces for garnish when it's almost cooked.
- Now add vegetable stock and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for another 2 -3 minutes by covering with lid.
- Now transfer all content to a blender jar and blend it to puree.
- Now heat the pan again.
- Transfer the pureed content through fine-mesh sieve.
- Use a spoon to press and take out as much juice as possible
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add coconut cream and give it a nice stir.
- Now turn off the heat.
- Pour in the soup into serving bowls.
- Garnish with some freshly chopped parsley, cayenne pepper and drizzle some more cream.
If you like my recipes, stay updated & subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my Facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & Instagram @mydaintykitchen. Follow me on Pinterest @mydaintykitchenbyipsa
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate link which means if you will buy a product through the link shared here, I will get some percentage of commission at no extra cost to you.)
PIN IT FOR LATER