Veg Lollipop | How to Make Vegetable Lollipop
Veg lollipop recipe with step by step photos and instructions.
Another great appetizer that is quick and easy. These tiny balls are loaded with veggies. This makes a great party appetizer.
My veg lollipops are vegan and I have not added any cheese to this. Still, it tastes so yummy. I couldn’t resist my taste buds and ended up with 10 – 12 of them. Flavourful and delicious melt in mouth snacks is perfect for any occasion or get together. This is a guilt-free snack I must say.
You can serve them as veg balls or veg bites or as a lollipop. Serve them with any dip. It will be just a perfect snack for tea time or evening snacks.
This is quick and easy and takes no more than 30 minutes or even less than that. Again since this is loaded with lots of veggies in some portions, this is healthy finger food for kids and toddlers.
Here in this recipe, I have added potatoes, green peas, bell peppers, cauliflower, corn kernels. You can also add carrots, cabbage, zucchini, and whatever you feel like adding to it.
And yes if you want it cheesy, you can add some grated mozzarella or any processed cheese. If you are vegan add vegan cheese. But trust me that is a secondary option.
This is kids friendly and you can adjust chilli factor when making for kids and toddlers. I love it spicy and loved it with hot sauce and green spicy coriander chutney both. Even you can give it a try with schezwan sauce. Perfect combination.
If you are looking for some healthy and quick appetizers, read here:
Recipe Card for Vegetable Lollipop
Crispy Veg Lollipop
- 4 Potatoes boiled
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (grated/ cauliflower rice)
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn
- 1/2 cup Bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 tsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chat Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- In a mixing bowl, add mashed potatoes, finely chopped veggies, ginger garlic paste, all spices mentioned above.
- Add bread crumbs to it and mix well.
- Grease your palms and take out small roundels or balls.
- Now make a slurry by mixing refined flour and corn starch.
- Add a pinch of red chilli powder and salt.
- Dip the vegetable balls into the slurry and roll it on bread crumbs.
- Then again dip it into the slurry and then roll on bread crumbs
- Repeat for all balls.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Fry the coated veggies balls till golden and crispy.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper napkin to get rid of extra oil.
- Serve with any hot sauce or dip of your choice.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.