Healthy Eating | Healthy Lifestyle | Transformation from Fat to Fit
Don’t you agree healthy eating is the key to a healthy lifestyle and helps in the transformation from fat to fit.
Very often we have heard this and read many articles titled FAT to FAB, FAT to FIT, many celebrity diets plans to get a perfectly toned figure like their role models. But why do we need these attractive lines to keep us motivated to be fit?
Ultimately this is your own body and you are responsible for it, Bad or Good.💪
Why it’s necessary to be FIT? Why Fat to Fit is essential?
Being FIT does not mean being SKINNY or being like a MODEL or any ACTRESS. Being FIT means HEALTHY from All perspective. Emotional/ Mental & Physical Health.
Both are co-related and highly complementary factors of our life. In the 21st century as we know there is sheer competition in every sector of our life. How important it is for us to keep a perfect balance between our Mental and Physical Health.
Here what I mean is we have to take proper care of our body to live a happy life. Being healthy will bring mental peace and in return, it will keep us away from diseases because Stress is the major source of many diseases.
So what we do to become FIT Physically: (transform from fat to fit?)
The answer is very clear: 1. Healthy Eating, 2. Physical Activity (Yoga or Excercise)
1. Healthy Diet:
Healthy Diet means a balanced diet which means neither eating very less or nor overeating to satisfy taste buds. It also includes maintaining a proper balance of protein, fiber, fat, carb requirement of our body.
Let’s Divide this into 2 parts:
- When to eat?
- What to eat?
Eat Breakfast Like a KING, Lunch Like a PRINCE and Dinner like a BEGGAR.
When we sleep in night for 7-8 hrs that is the longest period we stay away from food. So the name Breakfast Suggested as its the food which BREAKS the FAST of 8 hrs. And our body needs that power to keep us energetic all day.
Why Breakfast is an important meal of the day:
- Kick starts metabolism & thus helps to burn calories throughout the day
- Restores glucose level to perform optimal brain function
- Helps in improving concentration level
- It boosts energy level for the day
- Reduces weight-gain and hence controls obesity
- Controls high blood pressure, diabetes & heart diseases
Why Dinner like a Beggar:
This implies lesser Dinner as our metabolism lowers in the evening and if we will eat more in the night it will add on to weight gain and water retention which in turn will make you obese with time. So eat less at night.
If possible eat before 8 pm to maintain good health. If you wish or planning for weight-loss then try to have your dinner by 7 pm. And in the night have a glass of warm milk or turmeric milk for good night sleep.
What do we mean by “Healthy Eating” or “Healthy Diet”?
Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that gives us the required nutrients to maintain a healthy body and healthy mind, improves our immunity, keeps us energetic. And as a result of that, we will feel good about our life and our surrounding.
A properly balanced diet provides us good nutrition and leads us to a healthy lifestyle. And a happy life ultimately where we don’t need to bother about weight gain, sickness or any chronic diseases. And trust me that brings a feeling of ultimate peace and inner happiness.
Healthy Eating For a Healthy Lifestyle:
A healthy diet is nothing but a properly balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables, nuts, dairy, whole grains, meat, poultry, etc. Basically a balance of meeting needs of protein, fiber, carb, fats, and other nutrients but within our daily calorie needs.
Daily calorie need depends on how active our body is. That may include your workout routines, walking, jogging, yoga, and daily activity. If you are less active during the day, your body needs lesser calories. If you are moderately active or highly active your body needs more calories.
High Protein – Meat, Fish, Eggs, Beef, Pork, Milk, Yogurt, Cheese, Soybean, Lentils, Peanut Butter, Mixed Nuts, Tofu, Green Peas, Quinoa & Many more.
High Fibre food – Oats, Peas, Lentils, Beans, Broccoli, Sprouts, Berries, Avocados, Pears, Guavas, Flax seeds, Chia Seeds Etc
Green Leafy Vegetables- Spinach, Kale, Fenugreek, Amaranthus, Coriander Leaves, Asparagus.
Fruits – Fruits are the factory of vitamins & minerals. Try to increase fruit in your daily diet.
Low carbohydrate- Avoid unhealthy carbohydrates like Rice, Sugar, Syrups, White flours and include Healthy carbs in a diet like complex carbs e.g. Brown Rice, Sweet potatoes, Yam, Multigrain cereals, Beans, Lentils, Quinoa, Apple Oranges Grapes Pumpkin Fresh Beet Roots
Healthy Fats: Flax seeds, Almonds, Olive Oil, Avocado, Walnuts, peanuts, Hemp seed oil, Dark Chocolates
Multivitamin Supplements-However whatever we eat in a day may not be able to fulfill all vitamins and minerals nutrients required by our body. So it is very much essential to take multivitamin tablets on a daily basis. We should always consult a physician before taking any multivitamins.
Also read: Fig & Banana Smoothie
Yoga is a Gift of Ancient India’s gift to us. This is the oldest method of keeping mind and body controlled and a process that involves elevation of life force which is called Kundalini. Since ages yoga is the key mantra to awaken the kundalini.
In the modern version, its called Power Yoga with few modifications but is very effective and quick. It works for the long term through a series of physical and mental exercises. The physical exercise which is known as YOGASANS or Postures helps to keep the body healthy whereas the mental exercise known as Pranayam helps to keep the mind peaceful and relaxed and thus healthy.
Yoga helps in leading a healthy life by:
- Controlling mind body and soul
- Building Muscle Strength, flexibility & equilibrium
- Losing weight,
- Releasing stress
- Improving Immunity
- Lowers Blood Pressure & Glucose level
- Strengthens Bones
- Improves Blood flow
- Improves Sleep
3. Exercise/ Jogging:
- Regular exercise helps to increase the metabolism of the body which in terms does not allow the body to restore the fat and hence helps in proper digestion and controls weight.
- Exercise enhances oxygen level to heart and mind and hence helps the cardiovascular system work efficiently and thus it boosts energy level.
- Much research has shown that cardiovascular exercise can create new brain cells and improves overall brain function.
- Regular physical activity boosts memory and ability to learn new things. Getting sweaty increases the production of cells in Hippocampus which is responsible for memory and learning ability.
30 mins brisk walk can also be helpful in calorie burn up to 100 kcal. So even if you are busy in your daily schedule to hit the gym or Yoga, 20 min to 30 min brisk walk is also enough to keep your energy level up and helps in keeping control of weight gain.
There are many points and topics if I want to write on this topic. But the major takeaway of this article is
1. Keep a check on your taste buds. All tasty foods are not necessarily healthy for our bodies and heart. and after all, it’s our body and not garbage bag that you ll dump every unhealthy food into it. So be very choosy and check the nutritional value of the food items you are consuming.
2. Take Proper Breakfast. Never skip breakfast. Eat as little as possible for Dinner. Eat your dinner by 8:00 pm. Late Dinner and heavy dinner will add to weight gain in the long term.
3. Our body is what we eat. So eat healthy food as much as possible. Lessen Snacking on fried items and keep mixed nuts for snacks. Add fruits, green leafy vegetables, Salads, etc in your food and see the change in your skin, complexion, in body and overall in your life.
4. Keep 30 mins of your daily busy schedule for exercise, jogging, yoga whatever you find interesting for you. Enjoy some music during workout or jogging. Music helps to relax your mind and reduces anxiety and stress.
So get ready for the change in your habits and you would be surprised to see the changes in your life. Take control of your life with your choices.
“Healthy Eating & Healthy Lifestyle”
Also read similar post:
Stay Positive and Love yourself.
Please stay updated and subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen. follow me on pinterest @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER