Fat to Fit
Very often we have heard this and read many articles titled as FAT to FAB, FAT to FIT, many celebrity diet plans to get a perfect toned figure like their role models. But why do we need these attractive lines to keep us motivated to be fit.
Ultimately this is your own body and you are responsible for it, Bad or Good.💪
Why it’s necessary to be FIT?
Being FIT does not mean being SKINNY or being like a MODEL or any ACTRESS. Being FIT means HEALTHY from All perspective. Emotional/ Mental & Physical Health. Both are co related and highly complementary factors of our life. In 21st century as we know there is sheer competition in every sector of our life. How important it is for us to keep a perfect balance between our Mental and Physical Health. Here what I mean is we have to take proper care of our body to live a happy life. Being healthy will bring mental peace and in return it will keep us away from diseases because Stress is the major source of many diseases.
So what we do to become FIT Physically:
1. Healthy Diet:
Healthy Diet means balanced diet which means neither eating very less or nor overeating to satisfy taste buds.
Its been said “Eat Breakfast Like a KING, Lunch Like a PRINCE and Dinner like a BEGGAR”.
When we sleep in night for 7-8 hrs that is the longest period we stay away from food. So the name Breakfast Suggested as its the food which BREAKS FAST of 8 hrs.
Why Breakfast is important meal of the day:
- Kick starts metabolism & thus helps to burn calories throughout the day
- Restores glucose level to perform optimal brain function
- Helps in improving concentration level
- Boosts energy level for the day
- Reduces weight-gain and hence controls obesity
- Controls high Blood Pressure, Diabetes & Heart Diseases
Why Dinner like a Beggar:
This implies lesser Dinner as our metabolism lowers in evening and if we will eat more in night it will add on to weight gain and water retention which in turn will make you obese with time. So eat less in night. If possible eat before 8 pm to maintain good health. If you wish or planning for weight-loss then try to have your dinner by 7 pm. And in night have a glass of warm milk or turmeric milk for a good night sleep.
What should be included in Healthy Diet?
High Protein – Meat, Fish, Eggs, Beef, Pork, Milk, Yogurt, Cheese, Soybean, Lentils, Peanut Butter, Mixed Nuts, Tofu, Green Peas, Quinoa & Many more.
High Fibre food – Oats, Peas, Lentils, Beans, Broccoli, Sprouts, Berries, Avocados, Pears, Guavas, Flax seeds, Chia Seeds Etc
Green Leafy Vegetables- Spinach, Kale, Fenugreek, Amaranthus, Coriander Leaves, Asparagus.
Fruits – Fruits are factory of vitamins & minerals. Try increase fruits in your daily diet.
Low carbohydrate- Avoid unhealthy carbohydrates like Rice, Sugar, Syrups, White flours and include Healthy carbs in diet like complex carbs e.g. Brown Rice, Sweet potatoes, Yam, Multi grain cereals, Beans, Lentils, Quinoa, Apple Oranges Grapes Pumpkin Fresh Beet Roots
Healthy Fats: Flax seeds, Almonds, Olive Oil, Avocado, Walnuts, peanuts, Hemp seed oil, Dark Chocolates
Multivitamin Supplements-However whatever we eat in a day may not be able to fulfil all vitamins and minerals nutrients required by our body. So it is very much essential to take multivitamin tablets on daily basis. We should always consult physician before taking any multivitamins.
Yoga is a Gift of Ancient India’s gift to us. This is the oldest method of keeping mind and body controlled and a process which involves elevation of life force which is called as Kundalini. Since ages yoga is the key mantra to awaken the kundalini.
In modern version its called as Power Yoga with few modifications but is very effective and quick. It works for long term through a series of physical and mental exercise. The physical exercise which are known as YOGASANS or Postures helps to keep the body healthy where as the mental exercise known as Pranayam helps to keep mind peaceful and relaxed and thus healthy.
Yoga helps in leading healthy life by:
- Controlling mind body and soul
- Building Muscle Strength, flexibility & equilibrium
- Loosing weight,
- Releasing stress
- Improving Immunity
- Lowers Blood Pressure & Glucose level
- Strengthens Bones
- Improves Blood flow
- Improves Sleep
3. Exercise/ Jogging:
- Regular exercise helps to increase metabolism of body which in terms does not allow the body to restore the fat and hence helps in proper digestion and controls weight.
- Exercise enhances oxygen level to heart and mind and hence helps cardiovascular system work efficiently and thus it boosts energy level.
- Many research has shown that cardiovascular exercise can create new brain cells and improves overall brain function.
- Regular physical activity boosts memory and ability to learn new things. Getting sweaty increases production of cells in Hippo campus which is responsible for memory and learning ability.
30 mins brisk walk can also be helpful in calorie burn up to 100 kcal. So even if you are busy in your daily schedule to hit the gym or Yoga, 20 min to 30 min brisk walk is also enough to keep your energy level up and helps in keeping control on weight gain.
There are many points and topics if I want to write on this topic. But the major take away of this article is
1. Keep a check on your taste buds. All tasty foods are not necessarily healthy for our body and heart. and after all its our body and not garbage bag that you ll dump every unhealthy food into it. So be very choosy and check nutritional value of the food items you are consuming.
2. Take Proper Breakfast. Never skip breakfast. Eat as less as possible for Dinner. Eat your dinner by 8:00 pm. Late Dinner and heavy dinner will add to weight gain in long term.
3. Our body is what we eat. So eat healthy food as much as possible. Lessen Snacking on fried items and keep mixed nuts for snacks. Add fruits, green leafy vegetables, Salads etc in your food and see the change in your skin, complexion, in body and overall in your life.
4. Keep 30 mins of your daily busy schedule for exercise, jogging, yoga whatever you find interesting for you. Enjoy some music during workout or jogging. Music helps to relax your mind and reduces anxiety and stress.
So get ready for the change in your habits and you would be surprised to see the changes in your life.
Stay Positive and Love yourself.