Tandoori Paneer Tikka On Tawa | Paneer Tikka Without Oven
Tandoori Paneer Tikka On Tawa | Paneer Tikka Without Oven with step by step photos.
Paneer tikka with tandoor flavor and that is also without oven. That sounds tricky. But trust me it’s absolutely amazing without compromising on taste even a little bit.
It’s awesome if you grill them on the barbeque or in an oven or in a microwave. But what if you don’t have one. Don’t worry you can still have these very similar tasty tandoori tikka (yes without tandoor).
This is an easy no-oven tikka recipe. I have made them on tawa and yes on direct flame for some time to get that charred flavor.
What is Paneer Tikka?
Paneer tikka is an appetizer made with paneer or Indian cottage cheese. This is a north Indian appetizer. In this recipe, paneer is marinated in aromatic spices and hung curd along with some veggies. For binding, we are using roasted gram flour. Then these veggies and paneer cubes are grilled on oven or barbeque.
How To Make Perfect Marinade For Tikka?
Hung curd + ginger garlic paste + red chilli powder (paprika) + coriander powder + cumin powder + turmeric powder + garam masala + kasuri methi (dried fenugreek) + ajwain+ chat masala + black salt + regular salt + lemon juice+ mustard oil + roasted gram flour ( for binding )
What is tandoori tikka?
When marinated chunks are cooked in tandoor or barbeque where they are cooked in the direct flame it’s called tandoori tikka. It has a charred aroma soaked by chunks.
Here I’m making tandoori tikka on tawa and without an oven or grill or barbeque. But trust me there is no difference in taste.
To get that smoky aroma of charcoal you have to use smoky charcoal while marinating so that paneer cubes will absorb the aroma. For that place a bowl or aluminum foil. On that place one red hot charcoal. Then pour 1/2 tsp ghee on it. It will begin to smoke. Immediately cover it. Cover it for 30 minutes.
There is another option you can grill the tikka on the direct flame of the stovetop. Here I have shallow-fried on tawa. And after that, I have cooked under direct flame to get that charred flavor.
For better flavor and taste marinate paneer and veggies for 2 hours and then 30 minutes with smoky charcoal. So this is not an instant snack recipe as it requires some preparation and resting time.
So if you have planned a party or get together the prepare the marinade and refrigerate it overnight.
Tandoori Paneer Tikka
- 250 – 300 gms paneer
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 cup hung curd (thick)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp kasuri methi powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp regular salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 tbsp roasted gram flour
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 – 4 lemon wedges
- Cut paneer, bell pepper, and onion into larger chunks.
- Now take a large mixing bowl.
- Add all spices mentioned in the ingredients list under the marinade category.
- Keep it for 1.30 hrs to 2 hrs.
- Now place a small bowl in the mixture of marinade.
- Heat one charcoal to red and place it on the bowl.
- Now drop in 1 tsp ghee on the charcoal.
- It will start to smoke.
- Now cover the bowl with a lid and keep it as it is for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take out the lid.
- Now arrange the paneer cubes and veggies cubes one by one on the skewer.
- Heat a pan and add 3 – 4 tbsp oil.
- Now place the skewers on the pan.
- Flip and make sure all sides are cooked.
- To get a charred flavor you can also now show the skewer under the direct flame for a minute.
- Now tandoori paneer tikka is ready to serve.
- Place it on the serving plate. Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and a pinch of chat masala.
How to make tandoori paneer tikka on tawa/ on stove-top without oven
Make the marinade in a large mixing bowl. Add veggie chunks and paneer cubes into the marinade and soak for 1.5 hrs – 2 hrs.
Then place a small bowl in the marinade mixture and place one red hot charcoal in that bowl. Add a tsp ghee on the charcoal. When it starts to smoke cover with a lid
Then arrange them in the skewer.
Heat oil in a grill pan or skillet and place the skewer on the skillet. Turn the skewers ensuring all sides are cooked evenly.
To get the charred flavor, now place the skewers above the direct flame for 15 – 30 seconds.
Tandoori paneer tikka is ready to serve. Serve with some onion rings, lemon wedges, and mint coriander dip.
Read other appetizers collection here :
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER