Wood Apple Squash or Bel Sharbat
Summer is synonymous to high temperature, sunny days, humidity hot weather. All these leads to dehydration. for that reason its essential to keep oneself well hydrated. Drink well amount of water and cooling drinks which will cool our body from within. Curd and buttermilk are best for this season as they have cooling properties and best to beat the heat.There are several seasonal fruits which are always advised to keep hydrated. Some of them are watermelon, musk melon or cantaloupe, mangoes, litchies, ice apple, wood apple. Read more about summer drinks here!
Wood apple commonly known as bel is a fruit which has hard outer layer and inside it has juicy and soft fibrous pulp. Normally this pulp is used to make sharbat or squash.
Lets make the squash.
Summer Special Wood Apple Squash
- 2 Wood Apple Medium
- 10 - 12 tbsp Sugar (Adjust as per taste)
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2/3 glass Water
- 1 Tray Ice Cubes
- Break the fruit into halves. With help of a spoon squeeze out the pulp and keep in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup water and mix with pulp. squeeze the pulp to mix with water and take out the fibres and the seeds. Take out all large fibers from the mixture.
- Strain into another bowl using a large strainer. Squeeze out all pupl by adding water gradually on the sieve while straining into separate bowl.
- Add sugar and stir well. Instead of sugar you can use sugar syrup directly. Dilute by adding extra water. add black pepper powder and lemon juice. Store in refrigerator for 2 hours and serve chilled with ice cubes.