Stir fried Ivy Gourd with Garlic
Ivy gourd fry Kunduru fry is one more healthy green vegetable recipe. Ivy Gourd known as Tendli/ Tindora or kundru in hindi is popular in entire country. Though its used as a side dish. This is one easy stir frying recipe. This is again perfect for keto recipe as low in carb. In case of keto diet remove onion and saute the ivy gourd with garlic.
Do you Know stir frying is better than boiling. While we boil vegetables it looses 50% or more anti oxidants. Read more from this article from CNN on the healthiest ways to cook veggies and boost nutrition.
With minimal ingredients this ivy gourd fry or kunduru fry is a perfect recipe. The main ingredients are ivy gourd, garlic, green chillies, salt. I have not used any other spices to the dish. This is a simple yet delicious side dish. It goes well with dal and rice or chapati/ roti.
And in case you like it more spicy then in the end, add 1/2 tsp cumin powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp red chilli powder (or adjust as per taste and amount of kunduru you are taking.) and saute for 2 – 3 minutes more on low flame and cover with a lid. This will help in absorb To add variation, add crushed roasted peanuts in the ens.
Stir fried Ivy Gourd
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 250 gms Ivy gourd or Kunduru
- 6 pods Garlic minced
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 Green Chilies Cut into slits
- Heat oil in a pan. Add minced/ chopped garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add Onions & saute for another minute.
- Add chopped vegetables, salt. Mix well. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Stir continuously to avoid sticking at base of pan.
- Serve hot with main dish chapati, paratha etc.