Spinach Corn Sandwich
Something very close to my heart!! Spinach corn sandwich!! This sandwich is one of my favorite sandwich. The story of being nostalgic goes like this.
Near my home there was a Crossword book store and a cafetaria (CCD). It used to be my daily routine that after office hours or even on holidays I used to go to crossword, read there for sometime, pick a book then straight to CCD to grab my favvv Spinach Corn Sandwich and a cup full of Cappuccino. I never got bored of that combination.
This is healthy and your kids will love this yummy sandwich. You may add extra cheese to this. To make it even more healthy replace all purpose flour with wheat flour or almond flour. Serve hot with any kind of sauce of your choice.
Recipe card for spinach corn sandwich
Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Spinach leaves Washed and chopped
- 1 cup Corn kernels Boiled in salt water
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 2 Garlic pods
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp All purpose flour/ Maida
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Bread Slice as required
- 5 tbsp Ghee (for buttering the outer layer of breads
- 1 tbsp Chilli flakes (for garnishing)
- Ketchup/ Green chutney to serve
- Boil the corn kernels in salt water till they are cooked. Or pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter in a pan. Add chopped garlic and onion and saute for a minute. Add corn kernels and chopped spinach leaves.
- Saute till spinach half cooked. Sprinkle the flour and saute for another minute.
- Add 1 cup milk and mix well. Season with salt. Simmer till the mixture is thick as shown in picture. You may add water in sted of milk but milk gives that extra creamy texture.
- Take out from heat and transfer to another plate to cool the paste.
- Take out bread slice and with help of a spoon apply the paste on one side of the bread. Cover it with another slice.
- Apply ghee/ purified butter on one side and place it on a flat pan or tawa or grill pan. Apply ghee on other side of slice and turn it carefully with help of a straight spatula. While applying ghee/ butter on bread press it gently so that they will not separate.
- Remove from heat when turns light brown in color and serve with chutney or ketchup. For spicy, sprinkle chilli flakes on the sandwiches.
- Add extra cheese slice to the sandwich for more cheesy taste.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.