Spicy No-onion No-garlic Brown Chickpeas / Kala Chana Masala
As popularly known as kala chana these brown chickpeas are a healthy food. They are high source of protein and fiber and hence good for weight-loss. This recipe is very popular in North India and normally made in Navratri Vrat. This is an easy recipe and does not contain any onion & garlic but tastes equally great.This is a low carb recipe.
Spicy No-onion No-garlic Brown Chickpeas Sauteed
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 200 gms Brown Chickpeas
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Soak the brown chickpeas or kala chana over night. Then pressure cook for 6 - 8 whistles as it take long to get cooked.
- Heat a pan and add oil. Add cumin seeds and let it crackle. Add chopped tomatoes and saute till they are soft.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well. Add boiled chickpeas. Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup water and simmer for 5 minutes till it soaks the flavors of spices.
- Season with salt. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.