Sweet Potato & Tomato Soup with Crunchy Crushed Peanuts
Sweet Potato & Tomato with dry-roasted peanuts, heavenly combination all together. If you love hot soups you will just love this version. You will get earthy flavors of sweet potato, tanginess of tomatoes. The soup is again spiced up with red chillies, coriander powder, onion and garlic. Sweet potatoes are healthier replacement of potatoes and are diabetic friendly. They are good for our health because of high nutrient value.
Sweet Potatoes as super-food:
- High in Protein, fiber.
- Excellent source of Vitamin A (235% of daily need)
- Rich in Potassium, sodium, manganese, magnesium, calcium, iron.
- Zero cholesterol & fat
- Contains Riboflovin, Vitamin K
- Stabilizes Blood Sugar
- High in Anti-oxidants
- Boosts Brain Function
- Enhances Immunity (Vitamin C)
- Promotes healthy eyesight (Vitamin A)
- Helps in reducing weight. (High protein & fiber)
So lets start this delicious hot soup for this rainy days. The hotness (spicy) you can adjust as per your taste. I like more spicy food than sweet soups. So I have added red chilli powder, black pepper and chilli flakes. you can skip red chilli powder to the recipe if don’t want it to be more spicy. Dry roast the peanuts and grind to coarse paste. This will give that crunchy bite in the soup.
This is an easy soup which takes less than 20 minutes to prepare.
Prepare this soup in 5 step process:
- Clean, peel, chop and saute.
- Add spices and cook.
- Cool & grind to smooth puree.
- Adjust consistency by adding water/stock and bringing it to a boil.
- Garnish with crushed roasted peanuts and chilli flakes.
It won’t take more than 15 minutes to prepare and serve.