Peanut Chutney | Groundnut Chutney
Peanut chutney is a quick chutney for any south Indian breakfast like idli, dosa, etc. This hardly takes 5 minutes to make this yummy chutney.
This is an easy substitute for coconut chutney. However, you can add freshly grated coconut or desiccated coconut to the peanut chutney but you can make only peanut chutney without coconut.
I always keep groundnuts or peanuts at home because we make Kanda poha very often and nuts are an essential ingredient in that. At the same time, I feel scraping coconut from the shell is one of the toughest tasks for me.
So even when I plan to make coconut chutney I buy grated or scraped coconut from the supermarket.
Otherwise, this peanut chutney is an easy substitute for coconut chutney. Also, it goes well with any adai, dosa, idli and so on. So I prefer making this chutney. Also, you can store this chutney for a week or so.
This chutney also has Bengal gram, urad dal or black gram lentils, and so it has a nutty flavor.
Read other chutney recipes here:
Recipe Card for Peanuts Chutney
- Dry roast peanuts till it's aromatic and changes color.
- Remove to a clean plate and allow it to cool for some time.
- In the meanwhile heat oil in a pan.
- Add bengal gram, black gram (urad dal), dry red chillies, garlic pods.
- Roast till lentils are little brown and aromatic.
- Once done, transfer it to the blender jar.
- when nuts became cold, rub it gently to remove skins.
- Then add to the blender jar along with lentils.
- Add in tamarind pulp (imli), add water as required and blend it to smooth puree.
- Then heat oil in a tadka pan.
- once oil is hot, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add a pinch of hing, curry leaves, dry chillies and saute for 5 – 10 seconds.
- Remove from heat.
- Add tadka to the chutney and give it a nice stir.
- Dilute it to the desired consistency by adding water as required.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also, stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER