Onion Raita Recipe | Pyaz Ka Raita
Onion Raita Recipe or Pyaz Ka Raita is made with sliced red onions and beaten curd.
Raita is an extremely easy recipe that serves as a side dish in our Indian main course. This is so versatile that you can add any vegetable or fruits to this to get variation.
For this onion raita, you need to keep sliced onions in cold water for 5 – 10 minutes if you want little crunchy bite in raita. Else you can add immediately to the beaten curd along with salt and chillies. As simple as that.
Also add 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves and green chillies to the raita. I also add a pinch of red chilli powder and also chat masala. You can also add black salt in place of regular salt or a mix of both.
Read other raita recipes like boondi raita, lauki raita, bathua raita, veg raita, sweet raita. Or check best raita recipes collection.
Recipe Card For Onion Raita/ Pyaz ka Raita
Onion Raita/ Pyaz Ka Raita
- 200 gm beaten curd
- 1 onion sliced thinly
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- salt to taste
- red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp chat masala
- In a mixing bowl beat curd to smooth with help of a spoon or wired whisk.
- Slice onions and put in cold water for 3- 4 minutes. Then remove from water.
- Then in bowl of beaten curd add in sliced onions, green chilles, coriander leaves and salt, red chillies, chat masala.
- Mix well. Onion raita is ready to serve.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my facebook page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
PIN IT FOR LATER