Aloo Tomato Curry (Farali Vrat Recipe)
This North Indian Style Aloo Tomato Curry is one easy fasting recipe. This is simple and takes 10 minutes to prepare if you have boiled potatoes. You can also pressure cook them for 2 whistles if you don’t have boiled potatoes. But I like to boil the potatoes first and then adding them to the gravy. This dish has no onion and no garlic and hence one fasting food. This is a popular everyday dish in North India.
I love this no onion no garlic aloo tomato curry even on regular days. But when you will cook on regular day, the best part is that extra punch of flavor from asafoetida or hing. If you eat curry leaves add to the curry. In case you don’t eat any of the ingredient then you can skip that. Also use rock salt only for fasting food preparation as you can’t take regular salt.
This curry goes well with kuttu ki puri, singhade ki puri, sama rice pulao. I also make dahi aloo to accompany my other farali puri or rice.
If you love potatoes, then also read quick potato recipes:
Also read other fasting recipes on our blog.
North Indian Style Aloo Tomato Curry
- 2 – 3 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Boil potatoes and peel off the skin. Roughly mash 1 potato. Dice the rest potatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds and let it crackle. add chopped ginger and green chillies.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mix well. Cook till tomatoes are cooked well. Add all spices and saute for 10 seconds. Then add 1/2 cup water and let it simmer for some time.
- Add 1 cup water more, salt and let it boil for 2 – 3 minutes. Adjust water as per the consistency you need.
- Then add mashed potato and chopped potatoes to the gravy. Add coriander leaves and let it simmer for 3 – 5 minutes more.
- Turn off heat. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with poori, paratha.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.