Vermicelli Biryani/ Semiya Biryani
Look at this colourful vermicelli biryani. Tempting!!
Also it has all nutrition of green veggies like green peas, potatoes, spinach, carrots, beans, red bell pepper & yellow bell pepper. Again I would say that this vermicelli is hand made and home made.
Vermicelli biryani is an easy breakfast recipe which is healthy and kids friendly. I have added shahi biryani masala to the dish. This added extra flavor to the dish. You can add simply maggi magic masala also to the vermicelli for kids tiffin box. Since it looks like that of maggie you can replace maggie with this recipe. In many schools maggie is not allowed in tiffin box. But you can give this in place of maggie. This is nutritious and filling also.
What are other vermicelli dishes we can make?
My vermicelli is handmade by my mother-in-law. I must admire her expertise and speed in But you can anyways get that in any supermarket. Add whatever vegetable you feel your kid loves.
From vermicelli you can make vermicelli upma, vermicelli pulao and vermicelli biryani. Although there is little difference in method and spices we use for different recipes. Also it makes great sweet dessert or pudding. This vermicelli pudding just takes 5 minutes. Infact any vermicelli dish is quick as it takes – 5 minutes to get cooked.
This is a 10 – 15 minutes recipe. What else we need on lazy mornings? A breakfast that is tasty and nutritious and quick.
Vermicelli Biryani/ Semiya Biryani/ Sevai Biryani
- 1 cup vermicelli
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup carrots
- 1/2 cup cauliflower
- 2 potatoes
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1/2 cup french beans
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Shahi Biryani Masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3 tbsp curd
- water as required
- 2 tbsp ghee or clarified butter
- 5 cashew nuts optional
- Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan. Dry roast for a minute. Remove in a dry plate.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee. Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add sliced onion, ginger garlic paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped vegetables. Saute on medium flame adding salt. Cover with lid. Stir occasionally.
- When vegetables are almost cooked, add biryani masala, chilli powder, pinch of turmeric powder and saute for a minute.
- Add beaten curd and mix well. Add 1/2 cup water and simmer for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add in fried vermicelli and simmer till vermicelli is cooked and all water is soaked up.
- Add 1 tsp ghee additionally and saute on high flame for 1 minute. Turn off gas.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and close lid for 5 minutes.
If you are looking for some healthy breakfast options, please read similar recipes like upma, vegetable upma, pinwheel samosa, aloo pyaz poha, aloo matar poha, gobi paratha, aloo paratha, aloo kachori, bread roll, spinach corn sandwich, cheesy potato sandwich, masala dosa sambar, sattu porridge , tomato omelette, whole wheat dosa, atte ka chila, etc on blog.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.