Vermicelli Biryani/ Semiya Biryani
Look at this colourful vermicelli biryani. Tempting!!
Also it has all nutrition of green veggies like green peas, potatoes, spinach, carrots, beans, red bell pepper & yellow bell pepper. Again I would say that this vermicelli is hand made and home made.
Vermicelli biryani is an easy breakfast recipe which is healthy and kids friendly. I have added shahi biryani masala to the dish. This added extra flavor to the dish. You can add simply maggi magic masala also to the vermicelli for kids tiffin box. Since it looks like that of maggie you can replace maggie with this recipe. In many schools maggie is not allowed in tiffin box. But you can give this in place of maggie. This is nutritious and filling also.
What are other vermicelli dishes we can make?
My vermicelli is handmade by my mother-in-law. I must admire her expertise and speed in But you can anyways get that in any supermarket. Add whatever vegetable you feel your kid loves. From vermicelli you can make vermicelli upma, pulao and biryani. Although there is little difference in method and spices we use for different recipes. Also it makes great sweet dessert or pudding. This vermicelli pudding just takes 5 minutes. Infact any vermicelli dish is quick as it takes 3 – 5 minutes to get cooked.
This is a 10 minutes recipe. What else we need on lazy mornings? A breakfast that is tasty and nutritious.
Read more recipes for kids tiffin box and finger food recipes on blog: Spinach Corn Sandwich, Potato Cheese sandwich, Potato Bites, Veg seekh kabab, paneer corn kabab, hara bhara kabab.
Read other vermicelli recipes here.
Mix vegetable vermicelli pulao
- 1 cup vermicelli
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 1/4 cup spinach leaves
- 1/4 red bell pepper
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 garlic pods
- 4 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Shahi Biryani Masala
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 glass water
- Boil vermicelli in a sauce pan. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp oil to the pan. Boil for 3 - 5 minutes till the vermicellis are soft.
- Strain out from water after removing from heat and wash out with cold water. This is to avoid sticking of strands together. Add few drops of oil and mix well.
- In a pan heat oil. Add chopped garlic, onion, bay leaf (optional), cury leaves. Saute for 2 minutes till onion is translucent.
- Add all vegetables and saute for 5 minutes they are cooked well.
- Add vermicelli and stir well. Add all spices including salt and mix well. Cook for another 5 minutes and saute well.