Mini Rava Dosa/ Mini Semolina Pancakes for Kids Tiffin Box
Mini rava dosa is a healthy breakfast item. From the name you can guess the hero ingredient here is Rava or Semolina. Well you may call this Instant Uttapam as well.
The batter for this recipe is prepared by mixing semolina with beaten curd. You can mix vegetables to the batter. I have added onion and coriander leaves, green chillies. You can also add grated carrots, blanched green peas, green beans. In this way you can give nutritious veggies to your kids food.
The key to make soft pancakes is to keep semolina or rava batter for 1 hour. You can lessen this resting time to 30 minutes also. But I like when it’s kept for some more time.
To reduce cooking time in morning hour, you can make batter overnight and refrigerate. In the morning you can make mini pancakes for tiffin box easily in 10 – 15 minutes.
However you can make larger pancakes or crepes from this batter. The batter should be medium thick in consistency (similar to dosa batter consistency).
If you are looking for some interesting yet easy recipes, read kids friendly recipes like potato bites, bread rolls, aloo kachori, aloo paratha, gobi paratha, veg arancini, cheesy cauliflower fritters, cheesy potato sandwich, vermicelli upma/pulao, bread poha/upma.
You can make a chocolate sandwich, pizza sandwich, plain potato sandwich, tomato omelette sandwich and many more. These are quick (under 5 mins) recipes.
There are few quick bread recipes for our kids tiffin box/ lunch ideas. If the kid is 2 – 5 years you can give him finger foods in a tiffin box. This is because they are learning to eat on their own. So for them, it’s a time-consuming process. You can’t expect your 3 yrs old kid to finish a two bread sandwich in 4 – 5 bites. They will take more time than a kid of 5 years. So we need to decide what type of food he would love and enjoy.
My kid loves dosa and paratha stuff. So I make dosa from regular lentils batter, wheat flour, semolina, rice flour, ragi flour, buckwheat flour, etc. And he loves all of them. He has no idea if it’s the same dosa or different, but he enjoys all varieties.
Similarly, he does not like dal. but we mothers know how important is this for their development. So I make dal paratha with dal. Sometimes I stuff potatoes because he loves aloo paratha very much.
I’m sure all super moms are finding different ways to give best to their little champs. So moms if you have some unique and interesting tiffin box ideas, please comment below. I would love to make them and present here.
Mini Rava Dosa/ Mini Semolina Pancakes for Kids TiffinBox
- 3 - 5 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Chat Masala optional
- 1 cup Semolina
- 1 cup Beaten Curd
- Water (As required)
- 2 tbsp Coriander Chutney (Optional)
For Coriander Chutney
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1/2 onion
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 3 green chillies
- 2 tsp curd
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add semolina and beaten curd and mix well. Keep aside for 15 minutes so that semolina will soak the moisture.
- The batter becomes thick as semolina will get soaked. Add chopped onion, coriander leaves, green chillies, coriander chutney and mix well.
- Add salt and mix well and keep aside for 5 minutes more. Add 1/4 cup water (or as required) more if its very thick. Mix well and prepare thick batter.
- Heat a non stick pan. Put 1 tbsp oil. Put 1 spoonful of batter on it. If the batter is not thick then it will flow to spread.
- Keep on low flame and cover with a lid. Flip to other side and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes more.
- Remove from heat when both sides cooked.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or any sauce of your choice.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.