Mini Rava Dosa/ Mini Semolina Pancakes for Kids Tiffin Box
Mini rava dosa is a healthy breakfast item. From the name you can guess the hero ingredient here is Rava or Semolina.
The batter for this recipe is prepared by mixing semolina with beaten curd. You can mix vegetables to the batter. I have added onion and bell peppers (red, yellow, green) and tomatoes. You can also add coriander leaves and green chillies but I have skipped chillies (kids recipe). You can also add grated carrots or grated boiled potatoes to it. This is tasty and has nutrition of veggies.
If you are looking for some interesting yet easy recipes, read kid’s friendly recipes like potato bites, bread rolls, aloo kachori, aloo paratha, gobi paratha, veg arancini, cheesy cauliflower fritters, cheesy potato sandwich, vermicelli upma/pulao, bread poha/upma. You can make chocolate sandwich, pizza sandwich, plain potato sandwich, tomato omelette sandwich and many more. These are quick (under 5 mins) recipes.
There are few quick bread recipes for our kids tiffin box/ lunch ideas. If kid is 2 – 5 years you can give him finger foods in tiffin box. This is because they are learning to eat by their own. So for them it’s a time consuming process. You can’t expect your 3 yrs old kid to finish a two bread sandwich in 4 – 5 bites. They will take more time than a kid of 5 years. So we need to decide what type of food he would love and enjoy.
I will share my experience and ideas. My kid loves dosa and paratha stuff. So I make dosa from regular lentils batter, wheat flour, semolina, rice flour, ragi flour, buckwheat flour etc. And he loves all of them. He has no idea if it’s same dosa or different, but enjoys the varieties.
Similarly he does not like dal. but we mothers know how important is this for their development. So I make dal paratha with dal. Sometimes I stuff potatoes because he loves aloo paratha very much.
I’m sure all super moms are finding different ways to give best to their little champs. So moms if you have some unique and interesting tiffin box ideas, please comment below. I would love to make them and present here.
Mini Rava Dosa/ Mini Semolina Pancakes for Kids TiffinBox
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tomato
- 1/2 Green Pepper
- 1/2 Red Pepper
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 cup Semolina
- 1 cup Beaten Curd
- Water (As required)
- Add semolina and beaten curd and mix well. Keep aside for 15 minutes so that semolina will soak the moisture.
- The batter becomes thick as semolina will soak moisture. Add chopped onion, tomato and bell peppers and mix well.
- Add cumin powder and salt and mix well and keep aside for 5 minutes more. Add 2 - 3 tbsp water more if its very thick. Mix well and prepare thick flowing batter.
- Heat a non stick pan. Put 1 tbsp oil. Put 1 laddle (large spoon ful) batter on it. If the batter is not thick then it will flow to spread.
- Flip the other side with help of a spatula and cook for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with tomato ketup or any sauce of your choice.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.