Mexican Lentils Soup
Mexican lentil soup was on my list since quite a days when I saw some authentic ones in Pinterest. I love soups and especially all lentils soups. Lentils are full of proteins which will keep you full for longer and if you are planning for weight loss, try these lentil soups. As I always say this I keep on changing the lentils in everyday cooking. They are different in some or other way. In this Mexican Lentils Soup I have used brown lentils (Dehusked whole red lentils). Vegetables are added along with lentils to make this nutritious. This is an one pot recipe which is very simple and easy to prepare. You can make the soup in pan but this takes longer to prepare. I have prepared this in pressure cooker which took 10 minutes to prepare the whole dish. Don’t cook for more than one to two whistles maximum. The regular vegetables used in this soup are zucchini, red/ yellow bell peppers, carrots, green beans, corn, tomatoes. If you don’t find any of the ingredients that’s alright. just like I din’t get zucchini on first day I made it. So its still in my list..
- Indian Lentils & veggies Soup
- Mix Veggies Soup
- Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Soup
- Creamy Pumpkin Soup
- Lets make this easy Mexican Lentil Soup.
Looks delicious and at the same time tastes great and super healthy.
Mexican Lentil Soup
- 1/2 cup Brown lentils soaked for 30 minutes
- 3 Tomatoes fire roasted
- 6 Garlic pods finely minced
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 1 Carrot chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Beans chopped
- 1/2 cup Corn kernels
- 1/2 Yellow Pepper
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- Heat oil in a pan/ pressure cooker. Add minced garlic and onion. Saute till translucent.
- Fire roast tomatoes and peel off the skin and chop them.
- Add tomatoes to the pan. Saute for a minute. Add in vegetables and soaked lentils. Mix them well.
- Add all spices mentioned in ingredients list.
- Add water and close the lid. If cooking in sauce pan or any pan It will take upto 30 minutes. If cooking in pressure cooker then cook for 2 whistles. Don't over cook else vegetables will loose their essence and nutrition.
- Turn off the gas and add chopped coriander leaves.