Methi Paratha | Methi Thepla
This is one of the most common and popular dish in North India. Its not only healthy but also easy to make. This is good food for toddlers and kids. My kid loves this paratha. So I keep them in his tiffin box. In this way kids will get the goodness of fenugreek leaves to your kid. Methi paratha goes best with raita, plain curd, tomato sauce or any curry. You can serve them with tea/ coffee in breakfast or tea time as snacks. It’s also called as Thepla in Gujrat. Unlike aloo paratha they are very light and healthy.
Methi or fenugreek is light bitter in taste. But I love that bitterness blended with other spices while making any preparation. This is one of the excellent food for diabetic patient. All bitter vegetables are like a boon to diabetic patients. They keep balance and reduces blood sugar level. But be careful in cleaning the leaves thoroughly before using any leafy veggies.
- Wheat Flour- 1 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Water – As required
- Methi – 1 bowl Finely chopped
- Refined Oil/ Ghee – 6-8 tbsp
- Green Chilly – 2 finely chopped
- Coriander Powder – ½ tbsp.
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tbsp.
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Take a mixing bowl. Add finely chopped methi leaves, green chilli, salt, coriander powder, red chilli powder and mix it well.
- Add 1 cup of flour and one tbsp oil to the mixture. Add water slowly to make a dough consistency. Knead well and make soft dough and keep aside for 5 mins. After 5 mins make medium size balls.
- Then roll out the balls evenly into circle with help of rolling pin.
- Heat a pan on high to medium flame and place the rolled paratha on it. When the base is slightly cooked flip it to the other side to get it cooked.
- Add ghee or refined oil on top side. Then again flip it and apply ghee on the other side.
- Flip again once or twice to cook it properly on both sides.
- Now take out the paratha and serve with extra butter/ makhhan and curd/ raaita/ pickle or any curry of your choice.
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.