Mango Iced Tea is a refreshing summer drink with tangy flavour of lemon and sweetness of mangoes infused with tea. I have added ginger to the tea for that extra punch.
Tea is one of the favourite and much common hot beverage in our country. Our morning starts with a cup of hot ginger tea. Normally first tea I prefer is milk tea with perfect sugar and extra punch of freshly crushed ginger.
Black tea is always a better option than milk tea as it’s less fatty and a vegan drink.
I can have 6 – 8 cups of tea within 12 hrs. But I avoid because it’s not very healthy habit. So I replace some with my lemon green tea.
I buy regular green tea and add fresh lemon juice. In market there are many flavoured green tea available. I like 2 brands of them.
One is Tulsi Green Tea from Organic India
But in summer’s even if I crave for tea, it’s not pleasant to taste buds to sip hot tea so often. So the best substitute is iced tea where you are getting flavour of tea that will refresh and cool our body and mind at the same time.
To bring in variation, add different fruit pulp to the iced tea and you will be amazed with delicious refreshing summer coolers. Adding few mint leaves makes the drink even more pleasant.
To quicken the process, I make flavoured syrups and plain lemon iced tea and refrigerate. Then whenever required mix flavoured syrup with iced tea and flavoured iced tea is ready in a minute.
Read my other summer drinks on blog:
Read recipe of mango lemon iced tea here:
Mango Lemon Iced Tea
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 cups water
- 4 tea bags or 1 tsp tea leaves
- 12 – 15 ice cubes
- 10 – 12 mint leaves
Make Mango Syrup
- Heat sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Once sugar dissolves completely, add mango puree.
- Give it a nice stir.
- Simmer for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate for further use.
Preparing Ginger Iced Tea
- Heat water and bring it to a boil.
- Add grated ginger and simmer for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Now turn off heat and strain out.
- Allow it to cool sometime.
- Then add tea bags. let it steep for sometime.
- Remove tea bags and store in refrigerator to chill.
Mango Iced Tea
- Take 1/2 cup mango syrp & add 2 cup iced tea in a pitcher.
- Add 1 tsp lemon juice. Give it a nice stir.
- Garnish with mint leaves.
- Serve chilled with ice cubes.
I have made this tea to participate in “Summer Drink” theme of a recipe sharing group in Facebook (Food For Feast).
Also read some awesome summer drink recipes shared by my co-blogger friends.
PIN IT FOR LATER
If you like my recipes and want to stay updated then subscribe via email to my blog. Also stay connected on social media. Here I would request you to like and share my face book page @mydaintykitchen, Follow me on twitter @mydaintykitchen & instagram @mydaintykitchen.
(Disclosure: This post contains affiliate link which means if you will buy product through the link shared here, I will get some percentage of commission at no extra cost to you.)