5 Minutes Low-Carb Low-Fat Sauteed Spinach Corn
This is one of easy recipe again which is healthy because of the super food Spinach. Those who following keto may avoid corns but this doesn’t contain in large quantity and as keto allows 20 -50 gms carb maximum this is below recommended quantity. So its another food option for keto food. But in this spinach corn recipe I have added 1tbsp flour to the recipe which is optional.
This sauteed spinach corn is a variation to my earlier buttery sauteed garlic spinach which was a keto recipe. In this I have used extra virgin olive oil to cook. Preparation of the recipe takes 5 minutes and cooking 5 minutes. So this is an easy option. The same mixture of spinach corn is used to prepare Spinach Corn Sandwiches.
Lets make this easy sauteed spinach corn.
Low-Carb Low-Fat Sauteed Spinach Corn
- 250 gms Spinach
- 2 tbsp Corn kernels
- 4 - 5 Garlic pods crushed
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste or as per taste
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder optional
- Boil corns in a saucepan for 3 minutes with closed lid. Add a pinch of salt to water while boiling. If you are using canned corns then skip this step.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil a pan. once oil is hot add a pinch of cumin seeds, crushed garlic, green chillies. Once garlic turns light brown, add boiled corns to it. Saute for a minute.
- Add chopped spinach to the pan. add salt and a pinch of red chilli powder. Saute and cook on medium flame. Cover it with lid. Stir occasionally
- Remove the lid and your stir fried spinach corn is ready.
Preparation as stuffing for Spinach Corn Sandwich
- Preapare a mixture of 5tbsp water and 1 tbsp refined flour. Mix well to lumpsfree. pour the mixture into sauteed spinach corn and mix well. Cook for another minute on medium flame while stirring.
- Use this stuffing between breads and toast it after applying butter and make spinach corn sandwich.
- For Keto Version, Use Butter to cook the recipe. You can reduce the quantity of corn and increase spinach to lessen the carb part in diet.