Low Carb Creamy Spinach And Mushroom Soup
This low carb creamy spinach and mushroom soup is one of the best soup for these cold days and nights. This is super easy and keto friendly soup which is tasty and at the same time it helps in loosing that extra fat.
Monsoon has arrived here with a great relief to summer heat and with a lazy weather. With drizzles I don’t feel like spending long time in Kitchen. Again with cold weather we crave to eat more fried, spicy food especially fritters or dumplings are very famous in Indian Monsoon. But one thing to keep in mind that we can’t eat more of unhealthy food.
We need to control our taste buds and serve ourselves hot but healthy food. Including hot soups and spices in our diet will help in building immunity and fights against the bacteria and virus in our stomach. That’s why while thinking about a low carb and healthy yet tasty soup recipe. I was confused between two ingredients Spinach and Mushroom. I bought both but could not conclude on which soup to make.
If you have read my previous posts, I have mentioned there spinach my all time favourite. So I again started with spinach but however mushroom too was in my mind. So there comes this creamy Spinach & Mushroom Soup. This is a completely low carb recipe. The creamy texture came from mushroom and flour. To give sour taste, I have used a cup of buttermilk. If you are following keto diet, you are free to add heavy cream and sour cream to the soup.
Read my other keto soup recipe creamy mushroom soup
Low Carb Creamy Spinach & Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup Spinach Cleaned and chopped
- 100 gm Mushroom Chopped
- 1 Onion
- 6 - 7 garlic
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Fresh cream for garnish
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onion & crushed garlic. saute till light brown. Add chopped spinach. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and red chilli powder. saute till spinach is cooked.
- Saute the mushroom and add to the spinach in a mixing jar.
- keep 4 - 5 pieces & 1tbsp sauteed spinach for garnishing.
- Grind the sauteed spinach and mushroom to a smooth puree.
- Heat the puree in a pan. Add mixture of buttermilk and a tsp almond flour for creamy texture and sour flavor.
- Mix well and simmer for a minute. turn off the gas and serve hot. Garnish with sauteed spinach, mushroom and fresh cream.